Luxea (5.1.0.1404) Re-Creating Deleted Folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxea (5.1.0.1404) Re-Creating Deleted Folders

Here is an interesting bug... I had a folder on the desktop (Windows 10) which contained my project files. I created a video, exported it and once I was done deleted that folder and the source clips as I didn't need them anymore. Every time I launch Luxea, it recreates that root folder on my desktop! Even though it was a project I did a while back, I'm assuming because it's still showing up in my 'recent projects' list, even though I'm not clicking on that, just simply launching the application.

Any way to clear these down? there is nothing in the application so I'm assuming it's going to be a registry hack.

Originally posted by makersteve81 View Post
    Here is an interesting bug... I had a folder on the desktop (Windows 10) which contained my project files. I created a video, exported it and once I was done deleted that folder and the source clips as I didn't need them anymore. Every time I launch Luxea, it recreates that root folder on my desktop! Even though it was a project I did a while back, I'm assuming because it's still showing up in my 'recent projects' list, even though I'm not clicking on that, just simply launching the application.

Any way to clear these down? there is nothing in the application so I'm assuming it's going to be a registry hack.
    Luxea "remembers" a number of paths

HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Luxea\Export Folder
    HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Luxea\HistoryOpenedFiles
    HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Luxea\ImportMediaFolder
    HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Luxea\OutputFolder

I don't know for sure, but I think the idea was possibly to save having to specify the path each time, particularly for those of us who have set aside specific video source and video export folders.
    Unfortunately when you delete these folders from for example Windows File Explorer, Luxea, doesn't know about it.

You don't need a registry hack. Assign a specific folder as your Luxea Video source\media folder, and one as your Luxea Video export folder.
    Put a video clip in the source folder, open Luxea and in the Media Pane browse to the source\media folder and import the clip. Put it on the time line and then from Produce and Share browse to the Export folder and export the video. (i.e. go through the motions of producing a video from these folders). Luxea will then remember them, instead of your desktop folder, and you can then delete your desktop folder and Luxea will not recreate it.

Perhaps If the last used folders are no longer present, there are arguably alternatives to simply recreating them, but I suspect this is actually by design rather than being a bug.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 06-08-2021, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X