Luxea 6 Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxea 6 Recorder

Just upgraded to Personal Plan and trying out Luxea 6.
    For whatever reason, when click the Record Button, all I get Luxea 6 minimizing and a red marching-ants frame on my screen.
    The same happens if I select from Windows Menu > ACD System > ACDSee Luxea Recorder.

According to the introduction video, I should be able to launch it as a stand-alone program, as well as being able to customize various settings.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is,

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Originally posted by bwest View Post
    Just upgraded to Personal Plan and trying out Luxea 6.
    For whatever reason, when click the Record Button, all I get Luxea 6 minimizing and a red marching-ants frame on my screen.
    The same happens if I select from Windows Menu > ACD System > ACDSee Luxea Recorder.

According to the introduction video, I should be able to launch it as a stand-alone program, as well as being able to customize various settings.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is,

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    I'm on Luxea 5.1.0.1404 not the latest version 6, but my guess is that in terms of the startup they would be much the same.
    There are two applications Luxea Video Editor and Luxea Video recorder. (Three if you count ACDSee Video Converter Pro)

You can launch Luxea Video Recorder free standing, or you can launch Luxea Video Editor and then launch Luxea Video Recorder from within the editor by clicking on the Record button, which appear to be the way you have done it.

When you click on Record in the Video editor, the video editor will minimize and you will see the dashed red line around your screen. That dashed red border indicates the area that will be recorded.

On the task bar you should then see two icons. In the case of version 5, they are a green Luxea Video Editor Icon, and a red Luxea Video Recorder Icon. If you click on the red Video Recorder icon it should open up the Video recorder panel. In that panel you can select the area to be recorded, and from its Tools-Options, a range of other options. From the main dialog you can also select whether to record Webcam, Microphone, System Audio, and you can start recording by clicking on the red "REC" button. Note that whether you can successfully record both Microphone and System audio together might depend on your PC's audio system, and will also require care to avoid feedback.

Edit: If you are setup for extended display using two monitors, then the Video recorder will likely default to recording monitor #1's screen, and its control panel will open on monitor #2, so when you click on record in Luxea Video Editor, the editor minimizes and the two icons appear on the task bar, but if monitor #2 is not turned on, you will not see the Video recorder panel.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 06-27-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Greyfox,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you were correct about the second monitor.

Although I had the monitor turned off, the menu for Recorder was sitting there.
      Strange, having it turned off, I would have assumed Recorder did not "see" it.

Thank you again,

Comment

Originally posted by bwest View Post
        .....Although I had the monitor turned off, the menu for Recorder was sitting there.
        Strange, having it turned off, I would have assumed Recorder did not "see" it.
        The Windows operating system itself is not able to detect when the 2nd monitor is simply switched off, and so even its own utilities like Notepad suffer from the same problem.

You might find the following useful.

If you press the Windows 10 logo key and the "P" key, you can then select "PC Screen only". Any "windows" open on the second monitor will then show on the main #1 screen.
        To return to dual monitors, press the logo key and "P" again and select "Extend". Any "windows" that were moved back to the #1 monitor when you changed to "PC Screen only" will stay on the #1 monitor until you physically move them back to the #2 monitor.

Comment

Working...
        X