Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not enter license key / register - pls. advise

Hello everybody...

I got stuck with registering Luxea 6, would appreciate some advice. When I try to enter my e-mail adress and password, all I get is a message about a network error occurring while processing the operation and to try again later (see attached screenshot). This was happening both on Win 7, and now on Win 10 (I transitioned just the other day - I'm a late adoper). I had disabled the firewall and allowed Luxea access through it, but no luck. Pls. help me...
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Tompax View Post
    When I try to enter my e-mail adress and password, all I get is a message about a network error occurring while processing the operation and to try again later
    Two obvious questions, have you tried at a much later time, with ideally a reboot before the retry, and are you using standard internet access and not through a VPN?.

Licencing issues are best referred to ACDSee support. See https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/

If you have a standard installation of Windows 10, with just Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows firewall, you shouldn't need to disable your firewall, or manually add rules for Luxea 6. The installation should handle what ever is necessary.

That may not be the case however if you have installed 3rd party antivirus or malware products.

Comment

I had tried many, many times (last one just literally seconds ago), rebooted, upgraded the OS... I have no VPN that I know of (not much of a computer expert ). I do have, however, Malwarebytes isntalled: do you think that might be causing the issue? The ACDSee registration went without problems, btw.

Comment

I had tried many, many times (last one just literally seconds ago), rebooted, upgraded the OS... I have no VPN that I know of (not much of a computer expert ). I do have, however, Malwarebytes isntalled: do you think that might be causing the issue? The ACDSee registration went without problems, btw.
        I wouldn't think Malwarebytes is the issue, but you could temporarily disable it and try. All I can tell you is that as of about a minute ago, when I opened Luxea 6, and went to Help/Enter Licence Key, and re-entered my licence key, it was confirmed as accepted.

As I said in my earlier post, Licencing issues are best best referred to ACDSee support. See https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/

Comment

Yup, I will contact them via the link you provided - thanks for the tip...

Comment

Hello everybody...

I got stuck with registering Luxea 6, would appreciate some advice. When I try to enter my e-mail adress and password, all I get is a message about a network error occurring while processing the operation and to try again later (see attached screenshot). This was happening both on Win 7, and now on Win 10 (I transitioned just the other day - I'm a late adoper). I had disabled the firewall and allowed Luxea access through it, but no luck. Pls. help me...
            Just to report that this was a Windows-related problem, as everything is running smooth after a clean re-install

Comment

Working...
            X