Luxea 6 hvec/h265 support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxea 6 hvec/h265 support?

Can someone tell me if Luxea 6 supports HVEC/H265? I'm using v5 and it doesn't. It's not worth upgrading if V6 doesn't either. Thanks.

Originally posted by randymc53 View Post
    Can someone tell me if Luxea 6 supports HVEC/H265? I'm using v5 and it doesn't. It's not worth upgrading if V6 doesn't either. Thanks.
    No. See https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/lu...ase-notes/6-0/

Edit:
    To expand on that a bit

H265 is a compression standard, and can be used with a number of different encoded formats, for example H265 video can be 8 bit, 10 bit or 12 bit color depth. It can use chroma subsampling 4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:4:4. H265 can be in MP4, MOV, HEVC video files.

Samples of different H265 formats can be obtained free from Puget Systems web page https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/ar...e-Studio-2122/

There is a "Hardware Decoding Test Assets" button on that page to download a zip file. Unpack the zip file and run the bat file to prepare the video samples.

Note. Windows Defender will warn against running the .bat file, and you will need to ignore that warning. (I ran Defender and Malwarebytes scans on the zip file, and the unpacked components, as well as examining the bat file content before continuing).
    It will prepare some 15 short video clips, covering various H264 and H265 formats,, which will take up around 1GB of disk space combined.

As I said above, Luxea 6 doesn't claim to support H265. It doesn't recognise the HEVC file extension, and it has no provision to export any H265 format, but for what it is worth, it can import all 15 of the above H265 sample clips (which are all in .MP4 files, and play them on the time line.. Any subsequent exports however would be as H264, not H265, and will be 8 bit color depth, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling...
    Last edited by Greyfox; 03-13-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X