Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Convince me to stay with Luxea instead of upgrading to Premiere Pro or Corel VideoStudio. Not trying to be negative, just want to have a think about upping my game.

The truth is that I have used acdsee products for years and am quite pleased. Mostly it has been stills but for the last year or so it has been videos. Technical support has been there and their forum has been useful. That being said, I want to adventure into playing around with a green screen.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	acdsee.png
Views:	115
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	61763

Seeing as how I learned about film photography in the university, all this technology can be aggravating at times. But it helps keep my mind young.

My goal is to make 5-minute videos about a project that I have been working since 2005 here in Thailand. Not out to make any money, just want a professional look. Over to you Luxea…
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cover page 1b.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	61764

missoura

Luxea does have simple Chroma Key (aka green screen) capability. It can do quite a good job providing the green screen background is uniform and the subject does not have any content that is close in color to the background.

The decision to change to Premier Pro or Corel Video Studio is one you have to make for yourself. There is also Davinci Resolve, both the free version and the Studio version.

Yes they are more powerful, but with that comes a much bigger learning curve, and only you can decide whether that and the cost (particularly for Premier Pro, or the Studio version of Davinci Resolve) is justifiable for your particular use. I use Luxea mostly for quick short videos (which nowadays is the majority of my video work), and Davinci Resolve for larger projects or where I need a function it has the Luxea doesn't have.

Here is a video showing how to use Chroma Key in Davinci Resolve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siO62NeXtgA

Comment

I think Greyfox might have hit the nail on the head. Even though I could easily afford purchasing Davinci Resolve, my common sense is asking why. I played around with the the free version and it was like learning a new language. Looks like I'll stick with Luxea.

Comment

Working...
      X