Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a preset for "cinemascope"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a preset for "cinemascope"?

Hello

I just moved to ACDSee and do not see a standard preset for applying a "Cinemascope" look to my photographs.

Previously, I was using Picasa and I really liked this view and used it quite frequently.

I see that you can create custom presets in ACDSee and save them but unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to create a preset that has the "cinemascope" attributes.

Has anyone done this and can they provide any instructions/guidance on how to do it and what attributes to use please?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Jennifer

I assume you're referring to a crop to achieve a wide-screen look.

In ACDSee Photo Studio 5 for Mac:

1. In the upper right of the screen, select the Develop module
    2. In the upper left of the screen, select the Geometry tab
    3. The Crop section on the left contains a number of crop ratios. Select 16x9 and perform your crop.

Comment

Thanks OldRadioGuy... yep, that crops to 16x9 but you don't get the black background at the top and bottom that I used to get with the Picasa Cinemascope mode, and also with this mode in Picasa it also made some edits to the colors... See 2 attached piccies - any thoughts on how to achieve that effect please?

Thank you...

Attached Files
      Last edited by floridabrits; Today, 03:36 PM.

Comment

This would be something easily achieved in a product that works with layers, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020 (a Windows product), for example. I know of no way to do this in Studio 5 for Mac. Maybe in the next version?

Bob

Comment

OldRadioGuy... thanks... I just edited my response above to give a couple of examples of what I am looking to achieve... hoping this may give you some ideas on how I can achieve this effect?

Thanks for your help.... much appreciated...

Comment

Working...
          X