Permissions issues (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions issues (?)

Running Photo Studio v6.1.681 on a 2019 iMac i9 with 128GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.6 (19G2021). My drive is formatted with APFS, unencrypted.

Right clicking a file, I am unable to send it to Trash, even though the option isn't grayed out. My boot drive has the options to Copy/Move to another location, but on the data drive these are grayed out. I've double-checked and ACDSee is showing it has permission under Full Disk Access and File and Folder Access.

I'm also running a copy of Photo Studio Professional 2020 v13 b1417 on a Windows 10 VM and it has no access issues whatsoever to the same drives and photos.

Thoughts?

Hi Tripper,

Does ACDSee provide any feedback when you try to move to trash?
    Are all files affected or only certain ones?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,
      No it does absolutely nothing. On the boot drive it moves it to trash straight away, on the data drive it just sits there. So far, all files are affected, no matter what directory they're on. I can go to Finder and do it. Drilled down in terminal and permissions are [email protected]

Roger

Comment

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply. Since it works in Finder, I wonder if the problem is related to the ACDSee database. As a test, could you try creating a new database via the File > Database > New... command, and then checking if the issue still occurs? Note this will not affect your current database and you can switch back to your current database via the File > Database > Recent list.

Regards,
        David

Comment

Thanks, that appears to have fixed it. I would have never thought of it and bashed my head against the permissions.

Comment

Working...
          X