Default JPEG Quality -- Photo Studio 6 for Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default JPEG Quality -- Photo Studio 6 for Mac

When I do a "save as" from RAW to JPEG, the JPEG quality always defaults to 90% (or so). I bump it up to 100%. I'd like to make 100% the default, but I can't see a way to do this.My searching suggests it's possible on PC versions of the software, but not Mac versions. True?

Hi wsfarrell,

Thank you for the feedback. The JPEG quality default setting in the Save As dialog cannot be customized on Mac unfortunately. I agree it would be nice if the default could be customized and I'll review this with the product team.

As a potential workaround, you could try the following:
    1. Batch > Change Format...
    2. Set format to JPEG and quality to maximum.
    3. Save as a preset.
    4. In the future, you can then run this preset and it will output a JPEG with maximum quality.

I recognize this is not the same as Save As since you can't specify the destination folder at the time you run the command. As mentioned, I will review this issue with the product team.

Regards,
    David

Comment

I cannot see that this was addressed for Mac Photo Studio 7. I think it is unfortunate that every time you adjust a photo and then do a regular "save" you are degrading the image with JPEG compression each time. So we have to use the "save as" button and bump the quality up to 100. I notice that doing this increases the file size. How about just a preferences setting for default JPG quality?

Comment

Working...
      X