ACDSee becoming unresponsive after editing a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee becoming unresponsive after editing a photo

I recently purchased a new iMac and have the most recent iOS installed (Big Sur v 11.2.2). Shortly after, I installed ACDSee Mac 7 (I could not install this on my older iMac because of the age of the computer). I am now struggling with ACDSee freezing whenever I go to save a photo (using Save As). I can do one photo but no more without it freezing up. I have to Force Quit and then restart. All of this is very frustrating. I have reinstalled ACDSee but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Sugarman,

May I ask some questions:
    1) Please describe your exact steps. For example, which mode are you in when you save as? Are you applying some develop settings before saving? What file format are you saving as and to what location (e.g. local or removable drive or network)?
    2) Are there any hang reports or log messages recorded in Console.app when you trigger the issue? If so, could you share them?
    3) As a troubleshooting step, could you try creating a new database via the File > Database > New... command, and then checking if the issue still occurs? Note this will not affect your current database and you can switch back to your current database via the File > Database > Recent list.

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hello David,

I'm not sure what you mean by the exact steps. I edit the photos in Develop mode (tune, detail, geometry and if necessary repair) and then click 'Save as' the bottom of the screen. I give each edited photo a different file name so I don't write over the original photo. So yes, I do use some develop settings before saving. All files are saved as JPG files on my local drive.

My Mac computer is brand new and I just received it in January. It is a 21.5 inch iMac, with 16 GB of memory and a 1 TB Solid state drive. It is running Big Sur v 11.2.2.

There are messages that pop up whenever I have to Force Quit the app, which I can send to Apple. Other than those, I don't see any hang reports or log messages. I'm not sure what Console.app is?

I have created a new database and there is no change. I've also uninstalled the app (and related files) twice and reinstalled it. Again no change.

In speaking to Apple this morning, they believe it is an issue with ACDSee as they can find nothing wrong with my computer. This is very frustrating and I'm about to uninstall ACDSee again, permanently and move on to something else.

Comment

Hi Sugarman,

Thank you for the additional details.

Originally posted by Sugarman View Post
        There are messages that pop up whenever I have to Force Quit the app, which I can send to Apple.
        Can you copy these messages into a text file and attach here? I can then review with the developers.

Regards,
        David

Comment

The report generated by Apple ended up being too large to attach here. It is more than 600 pages long. Surely there has to be a better way to solve the problem. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, created a new library, optimized the database. Nothing works and the problem persists. At most I can edit 2 or 3 photos before it freezes and I have to Force Quit.

Comment

Data for ACDSee 2.docx

Perhaps there is something in this log file - ACDSee is mentioned many times.

Comment

Anything???

Comment

Working...
              X