Searching for duplicates of a single file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for duplicates of a single file

Hi, I am currently evaluating the trial period of ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac 7. I have been trying to figure out if there is a way to just select 1 file to search for duplicates rather than an entire directory. I tried right clicking the single file I wanted to search for a duplicate of but there were not any choices to do this.

Also does anybody know of an app for mac that I can use like Amok Exif Sorter that will also pick up other types of files along with photos like the videos. I'm trying to go through large batches of unsorted files I downloaded from my iPhone photo app. It would be great if the Photo studio for Mac 8 would do this!! Since the new version is due out in November I most likely will not purchase version 7, I can wait a little longer for the new one.

When I download the photos from my iPhone, any photo that was edited on the phone gives me 3 files, an original, and edited version and a plist. I'm assuming i can delete the plist files since the edited version is there.

Hi Organization Freak,

Thank you for your feedback. ACDSee's Duplicate Finder works by taking one or more folders and finding the duplicates within them. It's not possible give it a file and then find the duplicates of just that file.
    Could you describe a little bit more what you mean by "pick up other types of files along with photos like the videos"?

Thank you,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your response.

Could you describe a little bit more what you mean by "pick up other types of files along with photos like the videos"?
      This pertained to the Amok Exif sorter. It ignores video file extensions, seems to only pickup image extensions. Was just hoping somebody knew a good automated program for sorting of all file types in a directory.

ACDSee's Duplicate Finder works by taking one or more folders and finding the duplicates within them. It's not possible give it a file and then find the duplicates of just that file.
      I figured a work around when i need to do such a thing with a single file, I use spotlight selection in the search field from my upper directory.

I have been really playing with the search field and duplicates find function of ACDsee for mac and I like it very much. I'm trying to really use it and test what my uses would be for this app during the trial period. I really look forward to the new release and what updates there will be. I have never used such an application, I did everything in finder for the last 13 years of managing files lol.

I sure wish there was a mac compatible image editor from ACDsee. I still have a windows PC but only use for messing around on to keep up my skills, i have been a mac addict since 2008. I do have an older mac that i run el capitan on with has my only copy of photoshop cs4. only works on that. no big deal moving files around, they are networked but i like the innovations of the newer AI technologies.

Comment

Working...
      X