This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Photo Studio 9 for Mac is now available

I'm pleased to announce the release of ACDSee Photo Studio 9 for Mac.

Need a little (or a lot of) help organizing your digital files? ACDSee Photo Studio 9 is the app for you. With an unrivalled digital asset management (DAM) system, and powerful, non-destructive photo editing, you’ll find the struggle of organization and photo editing a thing of the past. Find out what’s new for version 9 or learn more about the modes of ACDSee for Mac here:

PHOTO STUDIO FOR MAC 9 Powerful file management and innovative photo editing in one app. Need a little (or a lot of) help organizing your digital files? ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac 9 is the app for you. With an unrivalled digital asset management (DAM) system, and powerful, non-destructive photo editing, you’ll find the

For more details, please see the release notes.

Best regards,
    The ACDSee Team​

I think I need some help with this. I've installed 9, and it crashed when I tried to migrate my database from 8. Now it has a default database, and I can't get it to convert the v8 database. How can I get it to restart as if it were a fresh install?

Comment

My suggestion would be to get in touch with ACDSee support.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I think I need some help with this. I've installed 9, and it crashed when I tried to migrate my database from 8. Now it has a default database, and I can't get it to convert the v8 database. How can I get it to restart as if it were a fresh install?
        Similar situation. Hung migrating my database, application not responding, hung at 'Establishing relationships'.

EDIT: Hmmm, guess I was just too impatient. Finally ended, Seems snappier, VERY glad to see the mini-thumbnails for videos (finally).

EDIT 2: And looks like the 'move to trash' also finally works.
        Last edited by tomb01; 11-14-2022, 10:49 AM.

Comment

A question. Now that my videos are more easily identifiable, happy to use Acdsee 9 to manage them. So how do I set double click on a video to play it? I see that VLC is the 'default' player at the top of the list of options (my preference), but double clicking on a video does nothing and I have to enter a dialogue to select VLC to start playing. Where is the setting to enable click to play a video? thanks.

Edit: Second question. There used to be a setting for always opening pictures in full screen mode (view options?) which I can no longer find. The 3 key 'shortcut' works, but would like to make full screen the default for viewing pics? OK... found the 'full screen' view setting in 'mouse properties'. Sigh
          Last edited by tomb01; 11-14-2022, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hi [email protected]​,

To help us understand the issue better, would it be possible to provide the crash report? Roughly how big is your DB (how many items, how many keywords/categories)? At what point of the migration process does it crash? I've also messaged you privately.

Note you can restore a database at any time via the Tools > Restore Database... command. The version 8 default database is here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/ACD Systems/ACDSee Photo Studio 8/Database/com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudio8 (version 9.0).mediaDatabase

Alternatively, the initial prompt to convert a previous version database will trigger on launch if no version 9 database exists. The version 9 default database is here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/ACD Systems/ACDSee Photo Studio 9/Database/com.ACDSystems.ACDSeePhotoStudio9 (version 10.0).mediaDatabase

Thank you,
            David

Comment

Runs faster than version 8, even on my now-older 2017 iMac. Thanks for that. Users converting a version 8 database to version 9 should understand the conversion will take some time. If you have a very large database, start the conversion and go to lunch. Better yet, do it overnight.

There's a change in the way keywords are organized. It appears to be better, but I'm still experimenting with. I would love to see Adam do a video explaining keyword operation.

Comment

Here is a question. I have been using v6 for the past several years for my casual photo needs, however, I am finding that the hobby of photography is consuming more of my time and energy. Is the upgrade to v9 significant, I mean, will it do anything so much better or do anything significantly new? Should I upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                X