X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miksons
    • Oct 2017

Space bar and right arrow keys will not advance the filmstrip

I have noticed that sometimes the only way to advance the filmstrip to the next image is to use the mouse pointer. The space bar does not work and the right and left arrow keys do not work. However, moving to the next image using the mouse then seems to re-activate the space bar and arrow keys and they work again, until they no longer work again.

I have seen this multiple times during processing, but have not yet been able to recognize a sequence of events that causes the loss of keystroke actions. If I can tie this down to a repeatable sequence of events I will update this bug report.
  • miksons
    • Oct 2017

I have seen this problem now enough times to have been able to detail the steps that will lead to it. Every time I follow the following steps the space bar and the left and right arrow keys fail to work in moving to the previous or next image. Pressing the Previous or Next buttons or clicking on the next entry in the filmstrip with my mouse seems to reset the state of the software and the space bar and arrow keys work again until I repeat the sequence the caused the initial problem. Then the process repeats itself.

These steps create the problem on my system (Mac Mini, Sierra 10.12.6, i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

1. With the Tune tab and the General adjustment panel selected display the next image,
    2. Press the 1:1 icon at the bottom right of the screen. The image will display 1:1 (Actual Size),
    3. Use the hand tool to move the displayed part of the image. I do not think how it is moved is important, but it must be moved. *
    4. Press the Fit Image icon at the bottom right of the screen. The image will fully display in the display area.
    5. The space bar and left and right arrow keys now do not work. They Previous and Next buttons work as does selecting another image in the filmstrip with the mouse. That resets the state and the space bar and left and right arrow keys now work again until steps 2-4 are repeated.

* I generally change to 1:1 to see if the image might need sharpening and that usually requires that I move the displayed part of the image to the section that I am most interested in. If I have been doing birding that means looking at the beak and eyes of the bird, so moving the image is generally necessary for me.

I do not go to the sharpening tab at that time. I continue working in the Tune tab until I am satisfied that the light and color are right. I then go to do any sharpening that might be needed. However it is worth mentioning that if I do go to sharpening after steps 2-4, then pressing the 'E' button to look at the sharpening mask does not work either. It appears that steps 2-4 disable the keyboard functionality until it is reset by using the Previous or Next commands or clicking on another image in the filmstrip.

Comment

• matt
      • Oct 2017

Hi Miksons,

Thanks for the detailed report of your issue, it really helps us a lot. I was able to reproduce your issue in the public release of ACDSee (4.0.588) but was unable to reproduce it in our latest internal build. This means that the fix should be in the next update of ACDSee.

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

• miksons
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by matt View Post
        Hi Miksons,

Thanks for the detailed report of your issue, it really helps us a lot. I was able to reproduce your issue in the public release of ACDSee (4.0.588) but was unable to reproduce it in our latest internal build. This means that the fix should be in the next update of ACDSee.

Thanks,
        Matt
        Thank you for the update on the status of my issue, and I will be looking for the next release of Pro 4. I do appreciate your taking the time and effort to personally respond.

Comment

Working...
        X