Import from iPad does not work with high number of selected files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from iPad does not work with high number of selected files

Trying to imports pic from my iPad. There are 4000+. Destination is a NAS (but I don't think this makes any difference - not tested other destination anyway).
    Feature works fine if selected number of files is pretty low, ie below 200. Above, ACDSee just hangs..............
    Please test it.... It's still unusable (

• AALLeeXX
    replied
    Hello David,

This is a good news ! Thank you for this. I will of course check it asap - any schedule for that next release ?
    Would you like me to test it in beta now, I can help too, just share and ask

Regards,
    AALLeeXX

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hi AALLeeXX,

I'm happy to report we have resolved this issue. The fix will be available in our next release.
    Thank you for your valuable assistance.

Best regards,
    David

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hi AALLeeXX,

Thank you for the reply. This info is helpful.
    Please let me know if you can confirm question (3) as this question came directly from the lead developer.
    We will investigate further and I will get back to you when we have some results.

Best regards,
    David

Leave a comment:

• AALLeeXX
    replied
    Hello David,

Thanks for following up...

1) Option is separated folder - byfile's date, one folder per date (it spans over several year here, 3)
    2) No other option selected - but I tried with or without overwritting (replace existing files), this makes no difference.
    3) No yet tried, will tell you later
    4) I didnt pay attention at that time. today tried while browsing another local folder or while browsing the iPad, same behavior

The blockage is immediate after I click "Import checked", it just starts (create a first set of 64 folders), then it's over, it hangs and no file (really 0) is copied at all.
    Sorry, edit: 1 file is copied...
    Last edited by AALLeeXX; 07-20-2018, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hi AALLeeXX,

One more question: in the ACDSee folders pane (on the left side in Manage mode), did you have an iOS device selected at the time of import? In other words, are you browsing an iOS device when you experience this issue?

Thanks,
    David

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hi AALLeeXX,

Please be assured we are actively investigating this issue. At this time, we haven't been able to reproduce the behaviour you describe. May I ask some questions:

1) When you import, which "Place in Subfolder" option do you use? Could you provide the exact option ?
    2) Do you apply any other options? For example, Replace Existing Files, Run Batch Preset, or Rename?
    3) Can you successfully import the same 4000+ images from your iPad using Image Capture.app?

Best regards,
    David

Leave a comment:

• AALLeeXX
    replied
    Well, seems there is no more follow up :-((

Leave a comment:

• LeChiffre
    replied
    Mark: another example of problems with large numbers of files. This issue sweeps across many functions and goes to the very heart of the architecture. It needs to be solved before another release or this potential great app is limited or useless to us who already have large collections. Many users collections will eventually grow and hit this wall. I've been the lone voice complaining about this problem for years but now others are beginning to complain as well.
    Last edited by LeChiffre; 06-29-2018, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcosgrove
    replied
    Hello AALeeXX,

Investigating the problem was been assigned to a developer with a due date -- on or before June 29th. I'll update asap.

Reards,
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• AALLeeXX
    replied
    Hello Mark,

Any feedback now ?

Leave a comment:

• mcosgrove
    replied
    Hello,

I received the crash report and I'll get development to investigate.

I'll report back.

Thank you,
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• LeChiffre
    replied
    Chiming in because it goes to my biggest complaint which is dealing with large numbers of files that the app has never been able to handle well. Mark you tested with 2K files but I'm willing to bet if you went to 4K files like WKR you'll get the same results. The large number of file problem always gets incrementally worse as the number of files grows. This is an issue that cuts across many functions some of which I have pointed out previously but has never been addressed. You can't have an app that limits your usefulness to working with just a few files. 2K files is just a few files. 60-100K files is a photographers library.

Leave a comment:

• AALLeeXX
    replied
    Hello Mark,

Just sent.

WKR

Leave a comment:

• mcosgrove
    replied
    Hello AALLeeXX,

We do need the full crash report. Can you send it to Customer Care (see below) and in the ticket write "Attention Mark Cosgrove"?

When I've received it I'll confirm here.

Thank you,
    Mark

Leave a comment:

Working...
X