Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "View" and "Develop" feature combined with keyword

I just found this bug:
    • I selected a folder in the folder pane (i.e. Trip to Rockies - Aug2019)
    • Then I clicked on a specific keyword in the "Organize" pane (i.e. Calendar-2020). This presented me with the specific pictures I was looking for.
    • Now I selected one picture and wanted to go to the View window so I could better see the picture. However, both VIEW and DEVELOP seem to be blocked at this point.

Here is the screen Video to show the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q37lwiiy0f...10-22.mp4?dl=0

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for your feedback. Some questions:
    1) Is that image located on a removable drive?
    2) Previously, did you try to view that image in View or Develop mode and see an "Offline Volumes" dialog, indicating that the removable drive was not connected?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,
      I don't know what happened to my responses yesterday ..... they simply "did not make it". So here goes once more:

Yes, all the images in question are on a removable drive. However, since that particular removable drive is my main picture library, it is visible to ACDSee. I can see all pictures on it in all three modes (i.e. Manage, View, Develop).

Today I did some more tests:
      • While I was looking at the content of a folder in the Manage mode, I clicked on a keyword row in the organize pane. All the pictures in my library with that specific keyword showed up (still in the Manage mode). However, once the resulting pictures were shown I could not select either the View or the Develop mode.
      • Next: I selected the Month of May in the Calendar option of the Organize pane. There were ten pictures in that month. I selected one and actually could move from the Manage mode to View and then to Develop mode.
      • Next: I selected the row for "Rating 4" in the Organize pane. I selected one of the pictures shown to me and actually could move from the Manage mode to View and then to Develop mode.
      • Next: I selected one Category in the Category option of the Organize pane. Then I selected one of the pictures presented to me and tried to move to the View mode. But that did not work in one of the Categories, but did work in another !!!!

Bottom Line:
      • Once a keyword was used to select pictures I could no longer open the found pictures in either the View or the Develop mode.
      • Once a Category was selected it depended on that particular category whether I could move on to the View or Develop mode.

Weird is my word for this.

Comment

Working...
      X