Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color Profile mangagement for PSD files not correct in latest update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Profile mangagement for PSD files not correct in latest update.

Hello,

I've noticed since the last update 5.3.1401 that in the View Module any PSD file does not show correct colors. To make sure, I've opened these psd files in other programs and the colors are shown correctly as the original psd. It appears that the color management is not picking up the photos profile. All my PSD files are 16bit, 240ppi ProPhoto RGB color space. I haven't had this problem before. I've checked ACDSee preferences and I have ProPhoto set for Raw files. Of course this makes it really hard to view and evaluate photos.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for this report. We've investigated this issue but haven't had any luck reproducing it.
    Would it be possible for you to provide a sample image? I've also sent you a private message.

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me and checking this out. I've attached two screen captures of a psd file. One is with the photo in Photoshop-2019 and the other one from ADSee Photo Studio 5.3 in view mode. It shows the difference in colors and saturation. Hope this helps. If you need something else, please let me know.

Dennis
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,

I didn't receive you private message. Can you send it to me again. Can't send a psd file your system won't accept the file size. I reduced it to 25% and it's still 20mb. Any ideas how to get it to you?

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the screenshots. Please upload the sample file via the following link:

https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/raw-formats/

Although intended for RAW formats, I've let our customer care team know to expect a PSD file and they will forward it to me.

Regards,
          David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for giving me the upload link. I upload it just how 10-17-2019 at 5:58am USA, San Antonio, TX time. Please let me know it you need anything else.

Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the sample file.
              In ACDSee, I don't see any difference between 5.2 and 5.3 when displaying the sample file in View mode.

When I tried opening the sample file in Photoshop, Photoshop showed an "Embedded Profile Mismatch" warning.
              The warning said that the embedded color profile does not match the current RGB working space, and that the current RGB color management policy is to discard profiles that do not match the working space.
              When I then viewed the image in Photoshop, the color was different from ACDSee.
              But as a workaround, in Photoshop, I went to Edit>Color Settings, and changed the RGB working space to ProPhoto RGB. Then the color in Photoshop and ACDSee matched.

Is it possible that this is also what you're experiencing?

Regards,
              David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. It's interesting to me that you had a profile Mismatch. I saved that file with the ProPhoto workspace. I went and looked at it again in PS and it does say ProPhoto. However, and I'm not sure if this could be the problem, when I checked my Color Settings I notice instead of Custom in the settings it had Photoshop cc and cs6 prophoto. Never used that before so I changed it back to Custom and Made Pro Photo my RGB color space. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled ACDSee Photo Studio 5.3 for mac. Also, I will go back and re-save that photo in photoshop with the new color settings and see how it works. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help very much appreciated.

Dennis

Comment

Thank you, Dennis. I've uploaded a screenshot of the Photoshop warning for clarity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 3.23.52 PM.png
Views:	81
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	50482

Comment

Hi David,

Okay, Thanks for the screenshot. It appears that you have your PS Workspace set to your Monitor Profile and not ProPhoto. Depending on your monitory calibration it would definitely look wrong until you changed it to ProPhoto. This is really getting weird. I've uploaded this same photo to two other programs Affinity and On1 and they both show the photo colors correctly (same as Photoshop). Also, if I look at the photo in Mange Mode it appears to be correct, but then in View Mode it changes. Also, I made a jpg with sRGB and in View Mode it appears the same as in Photoshop at ProPhoto. So something must be messed up in using ProPhoto. I always work in ProPhoto and 16bit. I've only noticed this change in 5.3. I'll keep working on it from my end. Hopefully, we can get this fixed, Am I the only one that is having this problem?

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                    X