X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistencies between libraries

It is not clear to me if the following are bugs, inconsistencies or what:

Here is the situation:
    • I have one external hard drive which contains most of my pictures. This hard drive is physically connected to my iMac.
    • Both my iMac and my macBook Air are on the same home network. And as a result I can see the external hard drive containing the pictures from either of the two computers.
    • ACDSee Photo Studio 5 Version 5.3.1401 runs on both computers.
    Issue:
    When I access the same pictures, located on the same hard drive from the two computers they have completely different properties, keywords, etc.

I realize that each library has its own set of keywords, categories, ratings, etc. So the answer to my own question is possibly to create one library on the same external disk where the pictures are. That way when I want to access my pictures from either computer I should be able to access the library as well.

However, I still have one key question: Can I copy all these items from a previous library? Can I possibly move the earlier library with all the categories, keywords, etc to that same external disk?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Tahunga; 10-12-2019, 11:40 AM.

Originally posted by Tahunga View Post
    It is not clear to me if the following are bugs, inconsistencies or what:

Here is the situation:
    • I have one external hard drive which contains most of my pictures. This hard drive is physically connected to my iMac.
    • Both my iMac and my macBook Air are on the same home network. And as a result I can see the external hard drive containing the pictures from either of the two computers.
    • ACDSee Photo Studio 5 Version 5.3.1401 runs on both computers.
    Issue:
    When I access the same pictures, located on the same hard drive from the two computers they have completely different properties, keywords, etc.

I realize that each library has its own set of keywords, categories, ratings, etc. So the answer to my own question is possibly to create one library on the same external disk where the pictures are. That way when I want to access my pictures from either computer I should be able to access the library as well.

However, I still have one key question: Can I copy all these items from a previous library? Can I possibly move the earlier library with all the categories, keywords, etc to that same external disk?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Good questions...

Comment

Working...
    X