The picture count in the Calendar is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The picture count in the Calendar is wrong

I just noticed that the picture count in the ORGANIZE>Calendar is wrong, at least in some cases. The linked screen shot shows 231 pictures in 2018 in the ORGANIZE>Calendar while the opened sub-folder (called "Trip to Newfoundland - 2018") alone contains 6452 pictures!! I waited until the re-cataloging was complete. But the discrepancy still exists. How come?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iggk2bldn7...13-56.png?dl=0

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for the feedback. Note the Calendar is based on the EXIF Date Time Original value of an image. For example, selecting 2018 from the Calendar will return cataloged items with an EXIF Date Time Original value within 2018. Is it possible that some of the items in your folder do not have an EXIF Date Time Original value within 2018?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,
      that explains it ..... it's not very good for me, but it does explain the problem. None of my .PNG and .tiff images have an EXIF Date/Time Original. This seems to be because they are all images I modified using an external editor app (such as Snapheal CK and Aurora HDR), and those apps seem to add a Modified Date but drop the EXIF Date/Time Original date when I ask them to save the modified image in the .PNG format. I guess the work-around is to use the "Adjust Time Stamp" batch process on all these images.
      In the end, it looks like that is not an issue with ACDSee but with the external Editor software ....

One more thing: The Snapheal CK application allows me to save the modified image in JPEG, GIF, TIFF, or Photoshop format. And interestingly enough, only JPEG and TIFF keep the EXIF Date/Time Original value. .... and Aurora HDR does save the EXIF Date/Time Original value in all available formats. But since I modified the images in Snapheal CK first and then saved them as PNG before working them with Aurora, the EXIF Date/Time Original value was already lost.

Comment

Working...
      X