Quick Search results can neither be "VIEWED" or "DEVELOPED"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Search results can neither be "VIEWED" or "DEVELOPED"

I performed a Quick Search looking for PSD format pictures. The search found a whole selection of them. So I wanted to see one of them (or several) in the VIEW window, but that does not seem to work. I also tried to take one picture into the DEVELOP Window, but that also does not seem to work. How come?
    See the attached screen video for the steps I took:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u0wiytc7s...51.29.mov?dl=0

Hi Tahunga,

When you select the file, the "Name" and "Located In" fields in the Properties pane indicates where ACDSee expects the file to be.
    Can you confirm the file exists at that location with that name?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

Using the "Located in" and the "Name" information I can easily find the pictures using the Finder, or even the Folder window in ACDSee, as long as I have an empty Quick Search window.

....Tahunga

Comment

David, have you confirmed this bug? Can you reproduce it?

Comment

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for the message, apologies for my delay. I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I have some questions:

1) Does this issue only occur when you try to go View/Develop mode after doing a quick search? What about if you browse to the image via the Folders pane?
          2) Is this issue specific to PSD files? Or are all filetypes affected?
          3) By any chance, did you launch ACDSee by opening an image with ACDSee from another application, such as the Apple Photos.app? If so, does the issue persist if you restart ACDSee by launching directly?

Regards,
          David

Comment

Hi David,

I tried to re-create the issue, but can't any more. No idea what changed. I tried on both my macs, one which runs MacOS Catalina (the latest BETA version available) and the other which runs macOS High Sierra (10.13.6). But the problem seems to have gone away.

....Tahunga

Comment

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for the follow-up info. Please let me know if it comes up again.

Take care and stay safe,
              David

Comment

Working...
              X