ACDSee Backup of Database has a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Backup of Database has a problem

Selected ACDSee>Tools>Back Up Database, then selected an external Disk which has plenty of space. But when I started the backup I immediately got an error message telling me that "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 512.)" What does this mean?

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for the feedback. I looked up this error code and it's an "unknown error", which doesn't help us...
    To confirm, are you able to write to that disk (e.g. can ACDSee save a file there)? Are there any permissions or locks on the target destination?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Hi David,

I did a whole bunch more testing using two different external disks .... and cannot reproduce the bug. At first I thought it had to do with the available space on the external drive as I (and ACDSee) could easily read and write individual images onto it. But that was not it, as today my ACDSee db Backups work just fine. Must have been "one of those fluky things. But ACDSee seems to have healed itself.
      All's well that ends well. But by the way.... I did get that "unknown error". So maybe you should change the error description from either "unknown error" to "Fluky Error", or even better "Self-healing Error"

Thanks for trying,
      ....Tahunga

Comment

Hi Tahunga,

Thank you for getting back to me and glad to hear it's working now.
        If it comes up again, please let me know.

Best regards,
        David

Comment

Working...
        X