problem with clarity slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with clarity slider

When developing a backlit NEF file, in which I am darkening highlights and lightening shadows quite a bit, at some points on the clarity slider the image goes very weird, sort of ghostly. It goes clear again elsewhere on the slider. Something like this happened with the previous version of ACDSee too, but it was not so apparent that it was in the clarity slider. Link to thread here: https://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-...-ghostly-files. 2013 iMac, OS 10.15.7.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the feedback. I've tried reproducing the issue with various NEFs, but the clarity slider adjusted the image smoothly and linearly. You mentioned certain points on the slider were affected. Specifically, what points? Are you referring to the effect when Clarity is negative?

Regards,
    David

Comment

Yes, when I tried using clarity again in another image, I realized it was happening (instantly, not gradually) if the slider was moved left from the centre/default position, but worked fine moving it to the right. I don't recall this in earlier versions, except in the one image I talked about in a previous thread.

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. I'll review your feedback regarding the Clarity effect with the product team.

Regards,
        David

Comment

To confirm, this is happening on all images from a variety of cameras, in a variety of file formats. If you know a way I can produce a video of this to send you, I will - but I am little slow on video.

Bruce

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the offer but I believe we're seeing the same effect as you when Clarity is negative so need for a video.

Regards,
            David

Comment

Working...
            X