Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geophizz@hotmail.com
    replied
    As an FYI and additional data point, I've noticed this behavior when writing to PNG files specifically. If I try to write metadata to more than about 3 files, ACDSee very consistently crashes. It seems to happen for me only for PNG files, and it doesn't matter if they are stored locally or on a networked drive. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hi Zosimus,

Thank you for this report. Our team is currently investigating this issue. May I ask two questions:
    1) What filetypes are your images?
    2) Where are the images located?

Thank you,
    David

Leave a comment:

• Zosimus
    replied
    This is the latest report created after the last crash
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Zosimus
    started a topic ACDSee 8 crashes while writing applying Metadata

ACDSee 8 crashes while writing applying Metadata

I am new to ACDSee for Mac, and have been applying categories to my pictures, I noticed that after applying a category key word to a picture or set of pictures the database icon appears on the image I then select those images and select Metadata> Embed ACDSee Metadata it prepares and then starts to embed. Somewhere along that process the system freezes and a short time reboots my laptop.

I have a new MacAir M1 with macOS Monterey 12.4

this is very aggravating as I had only recently purchased the software and went through the extended process of creating my database and importing metadata from my pictures over 150K images.

anyone have any ideas? I can select between 100 and 500 images at a time and embed the metadata but if I select 800 it 1000 images I get a restart every time
Working...
X