Better searching required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better searching required

Hello - I'm quite new to ACDSee Photo Studio for Mac and appreciate I might not be working to its strengths, but there are a few things I miss from the package I migrated from. Could you consider the following for a future release please?

Firstly, it would be good to select photo's in a specific dat range. For example: 1st of March 2020 to 15th of March 2020.

Secondly, as my photo library is organised in folders for each year, it would be very good to do a database search on multiple folders. For example searching for all the photos with the keyword "Dog" in the folders for 2020, 2019 and 2018.

Lastly, could the search be modified to allow for searches of (for example) photos with a rating of 3 and up? Such a search would return photos with ratings of 3, 4 and 5.

Please let me know if I have not explained my thoughts clearly.

Best regards,

Andy

Hi Andy EW,

Please give these a try:

Originally posted by Andy EW View Post
    Firstly, it would be good to select photo's in a specific dat range. For example: 1st of March 2020 to 15th of March 2020.
    Paste this in the ACDSee Search bar:
    Exif.DateTimeOriginal>="2020:03:01 00:00:00" AND Exif.DateTimeOriginal<="2020:03:15 23:59:59"

Secondly, as my photo library is organised in folders for each year, it would be very good to do a database search on multiple folders. For example searching for all the photos with the keyword "Dog" in the folders for 2020, 2019 and 2018.
    1. In the Folders pane, multi-select the folders 2020, 2019, 2018 (e.g. hold the Command key on the keyboard while clicking).
    2. Then, click the magnifying glass in the Quick Search bar to access the search options, and check Search Selected Folders Only.
    3. Now if you search for "Dog", you will only see the results within these folders.

Lastly, could the search be modified to allow for searches of (for example) photos with a rating of 3 and up? Such a search would return photos with ratings of 3, 4 and 5.
    Paste this in the ACDSee Search bar:
    Rating>=3

For all these searches, please ensure you have Database Search enabled in the search options, not Spotlight Search.

Best regards,
    David

Comment

David,

Thank you so much for replying. I have tried all your suggestions and they do indeed give me the search capabilities I was looking for. Perhaps they could be included as examples in the Photo Studio for Mac documentation to stop other people asking the same questions? The documentation does appear to be very sparse in some areas.

I am a happy customer!

Best regards,

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

Happy to help and I will pass your feedback on to the team!

Regards,
        David

Comment

Working...
        X