Better Keyword Support Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Keyword Support Needed

Recently, keywording has become more important to me, and I've discovered two time-saving omissions in Mac 7 (probably in earlier versions, too):

1. There should be an available operator to paste into the IPTC Keyword window which will automatically copy the assigned ACDSee keywords to IPTC (Can be done in the PC versions). It's a PITA and unpractical to try to do this manually. Actually, this is something that should be an option to set in preferences to avoid the step of actually having to paste the code in the keyword window for individual images.

2. The Keyword Sets function appears to be crippled compared to that operation in the PC versions (I watched a YouTube video Adam did on keywords.). The Mac 7 version of a Keyword Set panel is 3 columns wide by 3 rows down. We should be able to change the number of columns and the number of rows as is possible in ACDSee PC versions.

Please make these changes, and don't wait until next year's version.

Thanks.
    Bob
    Last edited by OldRadioGuy; 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM.

I gave up trying to use Keyword Sets as the majority of keyword sets I wanted to use would have had more than 9 keywords in them! If it were possible to increase the number of keywords in a set then that would be another thing to entice me to upgrade from v6.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by OldRadioGuy View Post
      Recently, keywording has become more important to me, and I've discovered two time-saving omissions in Mac 7 (probably in earlier versions, too):

1. There should be an available operator to paste into the IPTC Keyword window which will automatically copy the assigned ACDSee keywords to IPTC (Can be done in the PC versions). It's a PITA and unpractical to try to do this manually. Actually, this is something that should be an option to set in preferences to avoid the step of actually having to paste the code in the keyword window for individual images.

Bob
      I found something on the PC side of the house that works on the Mac side as well. To paste the keywords (or categories) into the IPTC keyword field, select all of the photos that you'd like to copy the keywords for, then enter *,<ACDSee Metadata:Keywords> into the IPTC Keyword box. (<ACDSee Metadata:Categories> also works) The * keeps any existing keywords and appends the ACDSee Keywords to them. Just be careful, because ACDSee , like any computer program, is fussy about the exact format of the command. I've found that the capitalization is very important, as is the colon and the spacing. if you do it wrong, it just appends the mistyped text exactly as it appears. The semi-good news is that if you can redo the insert to fix mistakes.

Comment

Working...
      X