saving produces ghostly files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving produces ghostly files

After working on an image I ended up with a 775 mb tiff file, for saving without loss. I wanted to revisit it, and reduce contrast and saturation. I also wanted to try saving as png to reduce file size. When I did so I got a weird ghostly looking result. So I tried again, this time saving as jpeg, same result (see below). When I tried just saving the tiff as a jpeg with no changes (except to change the filename), it saved okay. Has anyone experienced this? Is it perhaps just a problem of working with too large a file?

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2864-adjust-adjust.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	50559

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your report. May I ask some questions:

1) Did you start with a RAW image, apply adjustments in Develop mode, and then save as an uncompressed TIFF, all in ACDSee? If not, please describe your steps.
    2) If so, what is the make and model of the source image?
    3) If so, what adjustments did you apply?
    4) Previously, you mentioned you have a machine with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB graphics card. To confirm, is it the same machine that you're seeing this issue on?

Regards,
    David

Comment

David, I believe the image was processed at least partly in other software, if so, possibly Affinity. (Possibly Topaz for noise reduction.) The large tiff that started the problem was named "_DSC2864-adjust-adjust.tiff" by the software. Does that mean anything to you? I often save working copies as tiff, to avoid compression, but I learned that not all tiff (or tif) files can be read by all software. Maybe this is ACDSee not liking this tiff file? I don't recall exactly what I did in ACDSee before I saved as png and jpg, sorry. And yes, I am still using the same computer and graphics card.

Comment

Working...
      X