Clear All

• iPa
    replied
    Thank you David

Leave a comment:

• david@acd
    replied
    Hello iPa,

Thank you for your feedback. I confirm I can reproduce the issue. The issue has been logged in our internal bug tracking system and I will review the product team.

Regards,
    David

Leave a comment:

• iPa
    replied
    I have made few more tests with small pictures like 1000x1000, 900x900, 800x800, 700x700, 600x600.
    This bug happens very often with picture smaller than 800px/800px

And FINALLY I understood something
    It depends of the size of the cropping area in relation to the size of the picture !!!
    For a picture of 600/600 pixels you can move the cropping area only if it is smaller than 205x205 pixels, bigger the bug happens
    For a picture of 1000/1000 pixels you can move the cropping area only if it is smaller than 705x705 pixels, bigger the bug happens

This bug doesn't happens with bigger pictures tested on 3000x5000 pixels

Here two samples for test

Click image for larger version  Name:	600-600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	51298
    Attached Files
    Last edited by iPa; 01-08-2020, 03:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iPa
    replied
    Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
    If you are using a Pro or Ultimate product you can crop an image in Develop and Edit mode.
    Thank you for your complete answer, but I am using Photo Studio for Mac.
    Yes the behaviour should be like your description, but sometimes it's not working!
    I discovered that it happens only with certain images ( they are small ), the behaviour to move the cropping area is erratic with ACDSee, but no problem in others apps, like Pixelmator.
    Here a sample picture, this one makes ACDS cropping function fail ( not possible to move the cropping area ) !
    Thank you
    Click image for larger version

Name:	715-712.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	51295
    Last edited by iPa; 01-08-2020, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S.hussain
    replied
    Hello,

If you are using a Pro or Ultimate product you can crop an image in Develop and Edit mode.

In Develop mode, switch to the Geometry tab and click on the Crop group. Then draw the area you want to crop, this area can be dragged by holding the left click mouse button to re-position the crop.

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	540.3 KB
ID:	51288

Alternatively, you can also use the Crop filter in Edit mode in a similar way.

Name:	Screenshot 2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	484.9 KB
ID:	51289

Thanks,

Shakil H.
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• iPa
    replied
    After many tests, I think a moderator can move this topic in the bug section !
    Sometimes there is others wrong behavior, like it doesn’t save the cropped picture, or the result is totally wrong, a portrait area was selected and the result is a landscape cropped picture !
    For now my workaround is to use an external editor to crop pictures

Leave a comment:

• iPa
    started a topic Crop, how to shift picture inside the cropping area

Crop, how to shift picture inside the cropping area

Hi,
    I think I am missing something, I hope.
    To adjust the cropping area, How can you shift the picture inside the cropping area ( or move the cropping area ) ?
    Inside the cropping area the mouse icon become an open hand, And when you hold the mouse button, it become a closed hand but nothing move, only the grid size change.
    After a lot of test, I have noticed few times that the cropping area moved, but very few times !!

Yes I am new with ACDSee but that the first time I need help with a so fundamental function, seriously I hope I am missing something
    Thank you

Working...
X