Mac version 6 and MacOS 11 (Big Sur)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac version 6 and MacOS 11 (Big Sur)

I just paid to upgrade from v5 to v6 and am currently running MacOS Catalina..
    I would like to upgrade to Big Sur when available and I am wondering if version 6 will be made compatible?

I tested v6 with the 9th public beta and the program would open and go to View mode but instantly crash when any menu selection was made, or if I tried to switch to develop mode, or any right click....

Thank you in advance

Hello,

ACDSee Mac 6.3 will be available and compatible when Apple releases macOS 11 Big Sur.

The crash you're experiencing on Big Sur Beta 9 was due to a bug introduced by Apple in Beta 9. ACD reported the bug to Apple, and the issue was fixed in Beta 10, released earlier this week.

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

I understood from your reply that this would already have been solved with Beta10. However, I still have this issue with ACDSee 6.2 (1681) and MAC OS Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta (20B5012d). Do we need to install ACDSee Mac 6.3 for the issue to be solved?

Thanks,

Em.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, that crash is fixed in ACDSee Mac 6.3, and you will need to install 6.3 to resolve the problem.

All the best,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
          Hello,

Yes, that crash is fixed in ACDSee Mac 6.3, and you will need to install 6.3 to resolve the problem.

All the best,
          Mark
          And will V6.xxx be compatible with the new Apple chips as well? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
            Hello,

All the best,
            Mark
            I can not confirm that this issue is fixed.

ACDSee Mac 6.3 in latest Version still crahes in MAC OS Big Sur !

Following attempts could not solve the error:

-- complete reinstallation of the last version
            -- extension of rights for HD access

A Macbook Pro 16 with the latest BIG SUR version is used.

Comment

Working...
            X