Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jodzeee
    replied
    I'd like it if when I'm working on a mask in an adjustment layer, the brush/erase worked the same as when I'm using the brush adjustments (right clicking erases)

Also, I see there's something about importing layers. I'd like to be able to save or export them. Or be able to go back to develop, then edit adjustment layers.

And make it so if I go to Develop mode to Edit mode, it autosaves my Develop settings so if I cancel my edits, it doesn't lose what I'd done in Develop
    Last edited by jodzeee; 03-02-2016, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• msg_moi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aimhere View Post

I think you mean "tethering"?
    Yeap..:-) done the correction

Leave a comment:

• Aimhere
    replied
    Originally posted by msg_moi View Post
    One of the must top ten feature for the next release is photo threatening

It is the ability to connect the camera to the PC using USB or wifi and as you shoot picture are display and adjust on the fly for review. If you do studio there is no reason in 2015/16 not to have this feature. Once you taste it you no longer want to use card to transfer photo
    I think you mean "tethering"?

Leave a comment:

• Glen Barrington
    replied
    Yes, I think the search functionality isn't at all intuitive. I've been using ACDSee for a little over 3 years now, and I STILL have to stop and think and figure out how to search for an image.I'm looking for, and it usually takes 3-4 tries, and even then I usually return far more 'hits' than than I am able to deal with.

What I'd like to see is a 'search builder' with a drop down set of keywords and a drop down list of other search criteria such as folder names, file descriptors and calendar criteria. If I recall, I think it was Microsoft Outlook that had a nice 'rule builder' for auto handling messages that would make a great model for a search builder.

Whenever I talk to people about ACDSee, the obtuseness of the search method seems to be a major stumbling block for many people.
    Last edited by Glen Barrington; 09-10-2015, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linsdell
    replied
    In the Search pane, allow "Filename" to be one of the file properties that can be searched on using at least the following tests (as per searching on Exif User Comment):

- is
    - is not
    - is any of
    - contains
    - starts with

Leave a comment:

• msg_moi
    replied
    One of the must top ten feature for the next release is photo tethering

It is the ability to connect the camera to the PC using USB or wifi and as you shoot picture are display and adjust on the fly for review. If you do studio there is no reason in 2015/16 not to have this feature. Once you taste it you no longer want to use card to transfer photo
    Last edited by msg_moi; 09-12-2015, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GusPanella
    replied
    What Rober Linsdell said... Plus....

See my other post on "Why I use external editors"

Paintbrush mask - duplicate: Duplicates existing paint brush mask into new mask

Paint brush mask - invert: After creating a mask, invert the selection much like the invert option for the circular mask

Stop the segmentation between versions.... I guess I can understand the Ultimate/Pro difference of layers as this is truly an added feature.... but let's stop there. I hope the suggestions like segmenting operational controls is not even considered.

Why have a subscription model if there aren't a couple upgrades per year?

Definitely add masks to the develop section... or at least explain why this is not possible.
    (Why again are there separate Develop and Edit sections?)

Add eye dropper to select color and tone for pixel targeting. Bonus points if "Cntrl-click" with eye dropper adds to the tone/color selections of pixel targeting.

Create ability to reuse same pixel target mask on other images. (without the registry)

Stop the madness with using the registry to save presets or recipes. Just STOP! Make these part of the existing database thus they can transfer between computer upgrades... Bonus points for a recipe sharing option.

Start working with companies that create add-ons to provide a smoother integration path with apps.
    (See Glenn's comment on auto-magic tif)

Commit to having camera RAW decoders updated within 3 months of release of vendor provided SDK for the camera.

How about some modernization to the HTML slideshow export templates.

Undo for slider move
    Undo for Tool change

Hove help to replace traditional help file whenever possible.

EXIF: Is there a way to define actualy color space used by the selected photo?

Leave a comment:

• Gutenisse
    replied
    Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
    I would switch to LInux in a heartbeat if there was an ACDSee Pro for Linux.
    I would too. And I would gladly pay for a separate Linux license of ACDSee.

Leave a comment:

• SCX
    replied
    Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post
    The only thing is, I wouldn't want a Linux product that gets treated the way ACDSee Pro for Mac has been treated. Anyone I've ever talked to about ACDSee Pro has commented on how much they dislike the Mac version. I don't recall EVER meeting someone who actually likes the product. In terms of support, it's treated more like "Editor 6" than ACDSee Pro 8.
    I agree, all of the versions should be or better have to be the same with all tools and everything. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Edit: By the way, I have Linux Mint on a virtual machine on my Win7 at the moment and PhotoLine seems to work with wine. But I can't get ACDSee Pro to work (I am just a total beginner with Linux).
    Last edited by SCX; 08-29-2015, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• msg_moi
    replied
    One tool i would like to see is a soften histogram tool

When we edit a photo the histogram become "jaggy" ( like the teeth of a saw), If we could teak the histogram to make it smoother....

Leave a comment:

• Glen Barrington
    replied
    Originally posted by SCX View Post
    Make a Linux-version of ACDSee Pro. Linux desperately needs a program like ACDSee Pro, wile on the other systems you have some big competitors.

I would LOVE a LInux version of ACDSee Pro or Ultimate. ACDSee is literally (not figuratively) the only reason I still use Windows. I would switch to LInux in a heartbeat if there was an ACDSee Pro for Linux.

The only thing is, I wouldn't want a Linux product that gets treated the way ACDSee Pro for Mac has been treated. Anyone I've ever talked to about ACDSee Pro has commented on how much they dislike the Mac version. I don't recall EVER meeting someone who actually likes the product. In terms of support, it's treated more like "Editor 6" than ACDSee Pro 8.

Leave a comment:

• SCX
    replied
    Make a Linux-version of ACDSee Pro. Linux desperately needs a program like ACDSee Pro, wile on the other systems you have some big competitors.

Leave a comment:

• msg_moi
    replied
    As we edit photo, we do adjustments using edit tools and apply them.

And we repeat the process many time using different edit tool.

Some times we need to use those edit tools in a specific order. OR we need to reuse one after another to help polish the photo.

When complete the edit process, How can i go back and edit one of the settings of the first edit I made???

We have no way to keep track of the adjustment we do on a photo

As of now if I duplicate layer, the file size growth exponentially. (A 10 meg photo end up being 1 gig or more)

Request is to allow us to store the edit tool sequence and parameters we used and allow us to go back in time and teak as need. AND keep file size manageable

Leave a comment:

• msg_moi
    replied
    In edit mode, when i adjust my photo using let say.......Exposure. I might play with the sliders to see which combination will give the result I'm looking for. I might end up with two three settings I like.

Now how do I compare those settings so I can pick the one i like the most. For now i have to save each variation, go back to manage, select and play them so i can better compare all. This is time consuming

So what I would like to propose, each time we adjust the sliders and we like the result we push a button and a new a new Layer/mask could be create.

Using a play function ( we are still in the Exposure adjustment) we could cycle all of them in any order. Or choose one or two so we can flip between them. Having them pile and flipping between each it is easier to see what we like/or dislike between two photo we just edit.

When we finish we could keep all, or discard the one we do not like.

Having them as a layer we could use the erase tool ( to erase specific spot) then blend them together to get the final result

Leave a comment:

• Gutenisse
    replied
    Better error handling would be really appreciated. The software crashes or hangs in random from time to time. Sometimes it runs for hours and sometimes it hangs or crashes after start while doing nothing.

Getting the "ACDSee has encountered an error and will now close" message is just annoying. At least try to tell us something about what went wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X