No announcement yet.

Some feedback on facial recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some photos which were take from stadium and similar place, there are too many faces in such photo. Scanning those photos make software slow and the result is not necessary. I request a feature to make some photo/folder as exclusion from face detection.

Comment

Is it possible while in the view mode to have the face recognition rerun as you are moving from picture to picture? I have thousands of errors and feel this would be a pretty quick way to correct the errors as I review each picture.I have many errors of the same person which is not correct (wife and son names are showing on each others real pictures). There are thousands of these errors and need a quick method to correct them if possible. Too many clicks to do it manually without a short key stroke. Any feedback on a better workflow?

Comment

Hi btravis,

After correcting a few of the errors, please try going to Tools > Options > Face Detection, and click Rerun Recognition. This will remove all auto-assigned names and suggestions in the whole database, and then rerun recognition based only on the names which you have either manually added, or confirmed from a suggestion. This should correct most of the errors.

In future, you can also select a group of files in Manage mode, and then use Tools > Face Detection > Rerun Recognition to rerun recognition on only the selected images. The best uses for this command are either to rerun it on a folder you have just added to the database (especially if it contains a person who was previously not in the database), or on all images containing a particular person, which you can search in the Catalog pane. Rerunning on single images will often not be successful, since any errors elsewhere in the database could influence the outcome.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems
        Last edited by Tristan H; 01-09-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hi Tristan,
          This idea is pretty helpful and allowed my workflow to be much faster. One feature I would recommend is to have a hotkey to remove all faces. When there are pictures of large crowds in public you have to remove the faces and it would be nice to just press a key instead of navigating the menus with the mouse.

Comment

Hi btravis,

You can actually customize the shortcuts of basically any command that appears in menus. In View mode, click Tools > Customize Shortcuts. The Remove Faces command can be found in the Manage category.

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
            X