ACDSee Encountered and Error and will Shut Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Encountered and Error and will Shut Down

I am getting this error message consistently when attempting to access photo files from 2005 and back. Newer folders do not seem to be similarly effected.
    I can access the files in File Explorer so they do not seem to be corrupted. Any ideas what might be going on?

Not sure... could be database related...
    I am not sure this will work, but maybe try
    Database > Optimize Database... make sure to select both "optimize database and tables" and "remove orphans from database"

Comment

The fact, that this only affects old photos arouse my curiosity. Could you upload one of them unchanged to a file hoster and post a link please. I've seen this failure many times, but never noticed that it affected old images only.

Though Gus' tip is good, here's another one: Embed all meta data into the images files, create a new database and cataloge all files again. Both tips are standard procedures and described in this forum many times. But both procedures also may not result in a AC performing better. There's other defects that lead to the same error message. Some times it's even a combination of several quirks.

Comment

Working...
      X