Frequent Crashes and Windows Blue screen crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent Crashes and Windows Blue screen crash

Just got Ultimate 2019 yesterday and really like it, but am having some problems.
    When I select Options - View Mode - Show full image file path in title bar the program crashes.. tried it several times. Also, occasionally, when I double click an image from the Manage mode thumb to View it, the program crashes.
    After using the program last night for several hours, creating face info, playing with different features, I backed up the data base after doing a full optimization but still had the crash problems. After awhile I closed the program and soon after my Windows 7 went into a serious Blue Screen crash. I wasn't using any other programs that might have been related to this and I have only seen this happen a few times over many years of use. System rebooted and was Okay, but that really worried me.

I am attaching a zip file of the events from last night saved from the Windows Event Viewer

Windows 7 64x
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB
    Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155
    16gb DDR3 SDRAM
    Corsair CX750M PS
    GeForce GTX650 2GB
    SB X-Fi Extreme Music

SATA 6gbs Ch0 Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD HD 250 GB
    SATA 6gbs Ch1 Master D: WD Black Sata HD 1.0 TB 64mb cache
    Attached Files

Hi doane,

We have tried to reproduce this issue on multiple computers, including one running Windows 7, but so far without success. I recommend that you contact Customer Care through our support form: https://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form. They can provide better one-on-one assistance. I will also let one of our Customer Care representatives know to expect your ticket.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks Tristan, will do that. Just got another error in the event manager, wonder if it has something to do with the indexing tasks in Ultimate?

Faulting application name: ACDSeeIndexerUltimate12.exe, version: 12.1.0.1656, time stamp: 0x5c51e79f
      Faulting module name: IDE_ACDStd.apl, version: 5.11.1064.0, time stamp: 0x5b846355
      Exception code: 0xc0000417
      Fault offset: 0x00000000003e77b1
      Faulting process id: 0x1900
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d9113ac10f98
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee Ultimate\12.0\ACDSeeIndexerUltimate12.exe
      Faulting module path: c:\program files\acd systems\acdsee ultimate\12.0\plugins\IDE_ACDStd.apl
      Report Id: 1b0e5df0-4505-11e9-8185-50e549c0216d

Comment

I had a similar problem with the 2019Ult when it was release. A check of my video drivers helped. I looks like nvidia released for your card on March 5 of this year.
        https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
          I had a similar problem with the 2019Ult when it was release. A check of my video drivers helped. I looks like nvidia released for your card on March 5 of this year.
          Thanks, Gus, good idea. I just updated from v388.13 to the newest v419.35 will see if it helps, hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
            Updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and am still getting the same crash when I try to show the file path in View Mode. No problem in Manage Mode

Comment

OK, solved the cause of the problem and hopefully the techs will fix it.
              If in Manage Mode if you go to Tools and change the View Mode option to show the full file path the program will stop working and must be closed. If you are in View Mode at the time that you change the options to show or not show the full path it works fine.
              If in View Mode you go to the options and change the Manage Mode option to show or not show the full file path, there are no problems.

Hope they get this glitch fixed so someone else doesn't run into this.

Comment

Working...
              X