No announcement yet.

Can Ultimate show me the aspect ratio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ultimate show me the aspect ratio?

I have not been able to find what seems like an obvious feature--the current aspect ratio of a photo. It wouldbe an extremely useful feature, especially for photo sharing sites that demand certain aspect ratios or they will chop your pix. Thanks.

No, but an easy go around would be to first set the ACDSee Options for thumbs to show the photo size, then select all the photos with the same size and next, make a note of their aspect ratio in the "Notes" field or one of the other data fields. Then in options elect to show that field in the Thumbs view or where ever you want to see it. So, all your 1920 x 1080 photos would be 1:1.78, 3000 x 2250 would be 1:1.33, etc., etc.

Comment

THanks. I'd recommend this as an addition in the future--it's an easy bit of math for a program, and complete drudgery for a human over thousand of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by rrobinson View Post
        THanks. I'd recommend this as an addition in the future--it's an easy bit of math for a program, and complete drudgery for a human over thousand of pics.
        Probably not much of a demand for it. Do you have a lot of different size photos? Usually you have the size from the camera, which is going to be most of them, and then the size of cropped ones, which wouldn't be eligible for the sites you mentioned anyway, right? You know that you can sort by image dimensions or Image Properties right? You can sort the images in this way in the Thumbnail (F8) or the Details (F12) Manage window then tag the ones that will work for your destination requirements... pretty easy.

Comment

Working...
        X