Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAW image that develops fine with Ultimate 2018 crashes with Ultimate 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAW image that develops fine with Ultimate 2018 crashes with Ultimate 2019?

I can develop an image, make changes and save the results just fine in the U2018 version
    If I try the same, with the same image, in U2019 it will crash the program after a few developing steps .

This has happened now with a few of my images.
    I had previously developed with U2018 and when I go back to make some changes with the new U2019 it crashes. Not always but often enough to be annoying.
    Anyone else seen this behaviour?
    or have any idea what it might be?

Here is a dropbox link to the image that crashes for me while developing with U2019
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/erco4aaw9...bEamzQbya?dl=0
    the .xmp file that shows my developing is also there

p.s. I noticed this with the original version of U2019 and nothing changed with the updated version, 12.1 build 1656
    Last edited by Trevor; 03-16-2019, 05:23 AM.

I made two folders... Folder a) Contained NEF; Folder b) contained NEF and XMP

Using Ult19.2
    Editing in "Folde a)": no issues; everything worked as expected
    Editing in "Folder b)": ACDSee Ult2019.2, unexpected exit
    I did not try Ult2018 as I no longer have it installed.

My guess is there something in the XML file that Ult2019.2 doesn't like.

I have not noticed this issue with any Ult2018 edited images, in my random check of random files in my collection.

To trouble shoot, I would start in 2018.... remove one 2018 feature.... try in 2019.2; repeat until the problem setting is found.
    However, this may be a very frustrating process.... I would think tech support may want to (or should?) investigate this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
      I made two folders... Folder a) Contained NEF; Folder b) contained NEF and XMP

Using Ult19.2
      Editing in "Folde a)": no issues; everything worked as expected
      Editing in "Folder b)": ACDSee Ult2019.2, unexpected exit
      I did not try Ult2018 as I no longer have it installed.

My guess is there something in the XML file that Ult2019.2 doesn't like.

I have not noticed this issue with any Ult2018 edited images, in my random check of random files in my collection.

To trouble shoot, I would start in 2018.... remove one 2018 feature.... try in 2019.2; repeat until the problem setting is found.
      However, this may be a very frustrating process.... I would think tech support may want to (or should?) investigate this issue.
      Thanks Gus for confirming that this error is not only on my computer. Do the tech support people check here, or do I have to report this somehow specically to them ?

If it was the other way round I could understand that an image edited with 2019 with its advanced features is not completely backward compatible with older versions, but in this case I certainly want to be able to re-develop images already processed with my old U2018.
      I have both still installed.

Comment

I agree that backwards compatibility should be a requirement.

I have seen Tech Support drop in to the forums once in a while, but I am not sure it is standard practice. It is probably worth dropping them a line with a link to this thread.

Comment

Ok, will do

Comment

Hi Trevor,

Sorry that you are facing this issue. I was able to reproduce the issue as well, and we are looking into it. I will update you as soon as we have figured out why this is happening.

Sincerely,

Shakil H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
              Hi Trevor,

Sorry that you are facing this issue. I was able to reproduce the issue as well, and we are looking into it. I will update you as soon as we have figured out why this is happening.

Sincerely,

Shakil H.
              ACD Systems
              Thanks Shakil. I was just about to contact you about this, when you found it already!
              ... Hoping the analysis will be just as speedy.
              Trevor

P.s. if it helps I'm using windows 7, 64 bit
              With a 1080 graphics card with recent drivers.
              Last edited by Trevor; 03-18-2019, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I'm pleased to report that the problem was fixed by customer care THANKS!
                A particular ACDSee system file was replaced.

They mentioned that "anyone facing similar issues should go through customer care to get the issue fixed.
                The reason is that each case could be a bit different. We need to have all the infos regarding the issue first before finding the solution.
                "

The problem will be generally fixed in the next main version

Comment

Working...
                X