Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Sync "failed to send initial request to the target"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mobile Sync "failed to send initial request to the target"

    I have just installed the Mobile Sync app on my Andoid phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and the ACDsee Mobile Sync service is running on my laptop, so the phone can 'see' the laptop. But when it then send a photo to transfer after a few seconds it says 'failed to send' with the added message "failed to send initial request to the target".

    I cannot find anything about this message. Is there anything I can do to get additional details so I could try to figure this out?

  • #2
    Hi merlin,

    This error could indicate that your firewall is blocking the Mobile Sync transfer. You could try to whitelist ACDSee Commander and the Bonjour service in your firewall to see if the transfer will go through. You can also try temporarily disabling your firewall, but make sure to enable it again afterwards. The error could also indicate something unusual in your network setup, such as a VPN. If you do have something unusual in your network, try temporarily disabling it. You can also try switching your laptop from wifi to ethernet, or vice-versa.

    I recommend that you contact Customer Care at https://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form. They can provide better one-on-one assistance and go into more detail to help fix this issue.

    Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by merlin@beedell.co.uk View Post
      I have just installed the Mobile Sync app on my Andoid phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and the ACDsee Mobile Sync service is running on my laptop, so the phone can 'see' the laptop. But when it then send a photo to transfer after a few seconds it says 'failed to send' with the added message "failed to send initial request to the target".

      I cannot find anything about this message. Is there anything I can do to get additional details so I could try to figure this out?

      When I started using ACDSee about 2 month ago, I was told by someone at the time in the tech department that this is a "known bug"... The way I was told to "work-around" this problem is to click-on the system tray on the lower right hand side of your PC screen; then right click on the ACDSee icon and select "Stop ACDSee Mobile Synch"; then click-on "start ACDSee Mobile Synch". This will allow your pics to get transferred, but you have to go through this procedure "every time you want to transfer pics" from your phone to your PC.

      Two months ago I was told that an update was going to correct this "known bug", but it has not been corrected to date. I took Tristan's advice above and called tech support today to get "better one-on-one assistance". When I did so, the person eventually told me that this is still a bug and is "not a priority" with ACDSee to fix... So, I wouldn't count on a fix any time soon!

      Btw, I am quite surprised that Tristan didn't provide you with the above work-around procedure. Their tech guys have know about this for months! Let us know if the work-around works for you. - - Good luck!
      Last edited by D.M.; 03-18-2019, 03:38 PM.

      Comment

      Working...
      X