Mobile Sync "failed to send initial request to the target"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Sync "failed to send initial request to the target"

I have just installed the Mobile Sync app on my Andoid phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and the ACDsee Mobile Sync service is running on my laptop, so the phone can 'see' the laptop. But when it then send a photo to transfer after a few seconds it says 'failed to send' with the added message "failed to send initial request to the target".

I cannot find anything about this message. Is there anything I can do to get additional details so I could try to figure this out?

Hi merlin,

This error could indicate that your firewall is blocking the Mobile Sync transfer. You could try to whitelist ACDSee Commander and the Bonjour service in your firewall to see if the transfer will go through. You can also try temporarily disabling your firewall, but make sure to enable it again afterwards. The error could also indicate something unusual in your network setup, such as a VPN. If you do have something unusual in your network, try temporarily disabling it. You can also try switching your laptop from wifi to ethernet, or vice-versa.

I recommend that you contact Customer Care at https://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form. They can provide better one-on-one assistance and go into more detail to help fix this issue.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      I have just installed the Mobile Sync app on my Andoid phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and the ACDsee Mobile Sync service is running on my laptop, so the phone can 'see' the laptop. But when it then send a photo to transfer after a few seconds it says 'failed to send' with the added message "failed to send initial request to the target".

I cannot find anything about this message. Is there anything I can do to get additional details so I could try to figure this out?

When I started using ACDSee about 2 month ago, I was told by someone at the time in the tech department that this is a "known bug"... The way I was told to "work-around" this problem is to click-on the system tray on the lower right hand side of your PC screen; then right click on the ACDSee icon and select "Stop ACDSee Mobile Synch"; then click-on "start ACDSee Mobile Synch". This will allow your pics to get transferred, but you have to go through this procedure "every time you want to transfer pics" from your phone to your PC.

Two months ago I was told that an update was going to correct this "known bug", but it has not been corrected to date. I took Tristan's advice above and called tech support today to get "better one-on-one assistance". When I did so, the person eventually told me that this is still a bug and is "not a priority" with ACDSee to fix... So, I wouldn't count on a fix any time soon!

Btw, I am quite surprised that Tristan didn't provide you with the above work-around procedure. Their tech guys have know about this for months! Let us know if the work-around works for you. - - Good luck!
      Last edited by D.M.; 03-18-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I found that also helps to restart my phone before attempting an upload.

Comment

I started getting this error today. Yesterday I had no problems uploading photos from my phone - so I don't this this is a firewall issue on this computer (nothing has changed since yesterday). I also have an ACDsee server running on a second computer (same network) and I can upload my photos to that server - so I don't think this is an issue with my phone or the network. On my main computer (where the problem is), I did stop and restart the server - but that didn't resolve this either. I am running the latest version of ACDSee ultimate.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Wiens View Post
            Anyone have any thoughts?
            On the PC
            1. Go to Tools/Options/Mobile Sync. Check that the Root folder shown is one that is actually available and is not write protected, also check that the Server Name is "ACDSee Ultimate 2022"

2. Use Task Manager to see that ACDSee Commander Ultimate 2022 is present (will show in back ground processes). If it isn't present, then reboot your PC and re-check.

3. You should see an ACDSee Ultimate icon in the Windows task bar (If not check hidden task bar items). Right click the icon and check that Mobile sync is running (Start ACDSee Mobile Sync greyed out). If in doubt click on Stop, then Start it again.

4. Right click on on the ACDSee task bar icon, select "Show ACDSee Mobile Sync details", and write down the Host Name, IP Address and Port shown.

On the Phone (this is based on Mobile Sync on a Samsung S10)
            5. Open the Mobile Sync App. and open the settings.

6. Check that the default Target is showing as "ACDSee Ultimate 2022 on the IP address from 4 above.

7. Under Manually Added Targets/Targets there should be at least 1 showing. Tap to show that target, then tap on that again to show the details of that target. Check that the Target name is the Server Name from step 1, and that the Host name, Host Address, and Port are the same as was noted in step 4 above.

8. Select 2 images then tap the send icon. You should now see "Send 2 Images" and under that the target destination. Check that that is showing ACDSee Ultimate 2022 and that the IP Address matches the IP address in 4 above. Also check that there is there is a tick showing against that target.

9. Tap the send button. You should see the send progress "curtain" move across each image as it it sent

10. At the completion of sending the two images, there will be a confirmation of the send, or an error message. If there is an error message, exactly what is it?

Comment

I also have issue, and in my case the Default Target is Offline, and I don't know what to do to make it Online. No clue why that is, it worked before. Mobile Synch is running, Bonjour is allowed through my virus App., tried re-installing the app (Android) to no avail. The IP displayed in the Mobile Synch QR Code is like xxx.xxx.56.1, which it says is Offline. If I enter xxx.xxx.1.3 and finds it (this is my IPV4 Ethernet IP address as shown in my Ethernet Win settings) , it then looks like it's setting the connection (Green confirmation, port auto-detected), then automatically reset itself to xxx.xxx.56.1. If I do the same with the Apple version of the app, it keeps the IPV4 IP address and entered, but only works on the root Wifi, and doesn't work if I use the extender wifi (same network).

ADDENDUM: Looks like I figured it out. Opened windows "Services" and check the Bonjour... it was disabled. Set to Automatic and it looks like this is now working, but it reverts to disabled after a while. Avast must disable it I suspect... more work needed to figure it out.

ADDENDUM 2: Looks like Avast speed optimizer was putting Bonjour to "sleep", I think this is it, so far so good
              Last edited by Regor250; 06-04-2022, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regor250 View Post
                .. Opened windows "Services" and check the Bonjour... it was disabled. Set to Automatic and it looks like this is now working, but it reverts to disabled after a while.
                That is interesting. I use Mobile Sync to transfer photos from a Samsung S10 and a Samsung S8 to my PC, and it is working happily with the Bonjour service Disabled (my understanding is that Bonjour was only needed if there are Apply products in use). But then I don't use Avast either.

When I click on the ACDSee icon in the task bar and select Show Mobile Sync Details, the IP address shown is the local network address assigned to my PC by the Ethernet connected router.

Comment

Working...
                X