• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Monitor

Hi,

How does this feature work?
    Can't get any results with it.

Cheers

It has been a while since I added my second monitor and I must admit that I'm not sure that I am maximizing the usefulness of the "second monitor" feature. I know that I activated the second monitor within ACDSee by selecting View > Second Monitor. Now, whenever I'm in Manage Mode on the main monitor, the thumbnail that I select in the File List pane will appear, full screen, in the second monitor. This becomes very helpful whenever I am browsing the thumbnails. Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.

Comment

Hi ensta and Reeka,

Once you have enabled the 2nd monitor option in ACDSee, in the manage mode, the image will be opened on the 2nd monitor after you select the thumbnail in the file list. The 2nd monitor feature is also supported in view, edit and develop mode, allowing you to streamline your workflow and reference the saved version of the image while adjusting it.

For more information about this feature, please check the help file; Here is the direct link to that topic:
      https://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdse...or_support.htm

Regards,
      James
      Customer Care Team

Comment

I moved all panes to the second monitor and leave use much space as possible for images on the first. This also simplifies monitor calibration; my second monitor isn't calibrated at all :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Reeka View Post
          It has been a while since I added my second monitor and I must admit that I'm not sure that I am maximizing the usefulness of the "second monitor" feature. I know that I activated the second monitor within ACDSee by selecting View > Second Monitor. Now, whenever I'm in Manage Mode on the main monitor, the thumbnail that I select in the File List pane will appear, full screen, in the second monitor. This becomes very helpful whenever I am browsing the thumbnails. Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.
          I like the idea as mentioned in this post, in manage mode, of selecting “second monitor” and then being able to see a larger version of the image of a thumbnail that I select on the first monitor.

But please note that when I use DEVELOP Mode I put the window pane with all the develop options onto that second monitor, so that I have more space to see and work on the image on the first monitor.

A problem comes now after I’ve selected “second monitor” --> that develop options pane is hidden under the full size full screen image on the second monitor and I can’t use the develop options !!!

Is there a way to make the second monitor open in a window instead of full screen ?

or maybe to get the develop pane options on top of the second monitor image ?

Or some other solution ?

Thanks

I’m using the latest released version of Ultimate 2019

Comment

Hi Trevor,

You can double-click inside the second monitor window to toggle between fullscreen and windowed.

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan H View Post
              Hi Trevor,

You can double-click inside the second monitor window to toggle between fullscreen and windowed.

Thanks,
              Tristan H.
              ACD Systems
              Thanks Tristan & ACDSee!
              Perfect solution, so easy.

Comment

Working...
              X