Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Significant color differences when viewing RAW files in View Mode and Develop Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant color differences when viewing RAW files in View Mode and Develop Mode

Hello,

I have Raw Decode enabled for View Mode, but I'm still seeing significant color differences when viewing RAW files (specifically Sony ARW files) in View Mode and Develop Mode.

For example, here is a PNG screenshot of a RAW file in View Mode. It is vibrant and colorful.

And here is a PNG screenshot of the same RAW file in Develop Mode. It is less vibrant and colorful.

Note that the RAW file in question has already been developed -- meaning that a lens correction has already been applied to the image. Other than the lens correction, no other modifications have been made.

So what could explain the visible color difference between View Mode and Develop Mode?

Thanks for your ideas,

JayUSA

Hi JayUSA,

Just sent you an Email from our support system to your gmail, requesting to upload a sample RAW file to help us look into this issue.

By the way, can you also confirm that except for the Lens correction, there is no additional RAW developing adjustement, such as dehaze, lighting, etc... applied to this RAW file ? Also curious to know that if you roll back the develop settings you applied if it reverts back to matching again?

Thanks

James

ACD Customer Care

Comment

I just ran into a similar problem today and was going to post here, but then saw your post. In my case, I'm seeing color differences between View mode, Develop mode, and Edit mode with Panasonic raw files.I haven't even processed the raw image yet. View mode shows the image colors being somewhat muted, as expected since it is an unprocessed raw with no color profile embedded, When I switch to Develop mode, the colors change which I'm thinking is normal due to the output color profile I've selected (ProPhoto), but if I hit "F" for full screen, the image changes to a purple cast. If I switch to edit mode, the same purple cast appears. I'm happy to provide any info support needs.

Comment

Hi peweg9,

Indeed, we would also like to have one or two of your Panasonic raw files to look into this color issue. I have sent you an email from our support system to request the uploading the samples to us,

Thanks
        James

ACD Customer Care

Comment

I have similar problem here. I am in Ultimate trial now. I have Epson scanned TIFF file. Then I did some layer editing to remove some false light due to film leaking. The final file is ACDC format. In normal edit mode, the color is very good. But when I hit F to get full screen mode, the color is different, same when in VIEW mode and Management mode. I could give you the sample picture if you want to investigate this.

Comment

Working...
          X