Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I move photos based on date taken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I move photos based on date taken?

Is it possible to move existing photos into sub folders based on exif data like date taken?

Can I import photos into sub folders based on date taken?

The import appears to use the modified date when assigning folders although it can rename files based on the exif date.

Read this, this and this . . . I've most likely missed a few more.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer but none of those posts answer either of my questions.

From what I can gather, it can't be done and a third party tool is required.

Is this still correct for the 2019 release?

Comment

Yes, it is still not possible to import and save by date-taken in 2019, a feature which will hopefully be implemented. One would have to batch set the modified date beforehand.

Comment

Click Sort / Day taken, then use Alt + M to shift (or create) to the desired folder. The Alt'C shortcut copies the highlited photos to a specified folder.

Comment

Batch setting the modified date looks like a potential workaround but the import resets both modified and created date so it's a two step process.

I have over 7,000 iPhone photos with random modified dates set to the last viewed date I think. Manually moving them isn't possible. I realise this is an Apple issue reported by many but I was hoping ACDSee could easily fix the mess LR and Apple have created.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll keep experimenting.

Comment

Working...
            X