Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acdsee Ultimate 2019 - Performance

Hi everyone

I have been using Acdsee for many years now and have come back each time primarily because of its speed, particularly when viewing large numbers of photos.

However, I am finding that in a previous version and this version that there are performance issues. I have a very fast PC with SSD drives and I can literally wait 5 to 10 seconds for a photo to come up in the manage pane following double-clicking it. Once the photos has come up, it is much quicker but the same happens again if I try and switch to a different folder.

Has anyone else experienced any performance issues with this software? Would be interested to hear your thoughts and what you think i might be able to do to improve things.

Cheers.

Matt

Same here it started about 2 weeks ago with Ultimate 10 for me. and it also dose it in 2019ver.

I go to double click to open a image and it takes way to long than before.

I have cleaned and cleared everything in the program and on my PC. I am also using SSD drives it even opens slow on a normal big drive. No matter the size of the image it can be an Icon and it still opens very slow {too slow to get any work done}

I hope someone can figure this out I really hate the leave ACDSee bin a user since the early 2000

Comment

Hi mattgod69 and Marihenshin,

Sorry to learn the performance issue that you have experienced when opening the image file the view mode.

We are not able to reproduce this issue so I will contact both of you with a support ticket to gather the system information, sample files to understand and troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks
      James

Comment

Here is something non-obvious that caused me to change my workflow.....

I found that having my local image directory on a local drive synced to a remote cloud could cause intermittent loading time issues.
        If you are using local storage synced the cloud it may be worth an experiment to try opening some images from a non-cloud-synced drive.

Similarly, putting the software database on a cloud-synced drive can result in similar issues. It seems the syncing process can cause hiccups in performance

Comment

Working...
        X