Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link database to files after change in directory

Hello Guys

I recently had to restore a backup of my pictures and lost the assignment of all albums and tags. How can I link the database to the new location of the pictures (only the name of the drive has changed), so that the pictures are linked again correctly? There shouldn't be any data loss as the xmp files of the manipulated pictures were backed up correctly. Therefore, I assume that the tags are solely stored in the database (I did not embed any data into the pictures). Am I correct?

Thank you very much for your help!
    Robin

It's been awhile since I did it but I believe you can tell the data base where to look for the files. Look under Options, Data Base. You can also change the Drive name and letter to match the old location in windows

Comment

Hi knips,

If you open Tools > Database > Database Maintenance, you can use the Change Binding command to update your database. Select the old directory in the folder tree, and change its binding to the new location. Before you do this, I would strongly recommend backing up your database, just in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks,
      Tristan H.
      ACD Systems

Comment

Thank you very much! It seems to work that way. I just have many folders that I need to link, I assume there is no other way than to link one by one?

Comment

Hi knips,

The only way to reduce the workload would be to select as far "up" the directory tree as you can. As long as the set of subdirectories is the same, you can change the binding on a whole tree at once. No need to drill down to the deepest subdirectories and change each one individually.

Thanks,
          Tristan H.
          ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
          X