Panning while selection tool active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panning while selection tool active

Is there a way to pan a magnified image while a selection tool is active in Edit mode?

I need to very accurately select a complex area using the Polygon selection tool. For this reason I magnify the image to 100% or 200% and start selecting. However, once I reach the edge of the visible portion of the image, I don't know how to pan (move) the visible area so that I can continue the selection. With the Rectangular selection tool, the visible area automatically moves once I reach the edge of the visible area with the selection tool active. I tried numerous possible key combinations, searched the forums, and studied the help files but couldn't find anything.

I am aware of Add to selection, however, this usually leads to an imperfect overall selection. In particular for areas that have a long skewed edge where combining several selections ends up with slightly different angles for each selection.

Hello,

When you zoom in Edit mode a navigation window pops up at the bottom right corner of the preview area. Using this window you can pan around a magnified image.

Attached below is a screenshot of the window. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Shakil H.
    ACD Systems

Click image for larger version

Name:	Navigation Window.png
Views:	25
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	49735

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm aware that this works when the Polygon selection tool is selected but has not been used. However, it does not work (at least I couldn't figure out how) when the first Polygon point is set with a click. One the first point is set with a click, I cannot move pan around the magnified image.
      ​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	49738

Comment

Hello,

Now I understand what you are trying to do. Unfortunately it is a limitation. I will bring it up to the development team to see if we can improve this workflow in future products.

Thank you,

Shakil H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
          Hello,

Now I understand what you are trying to do. Unfortunately it is a limitation. I will bring it up to the development team to see if we can improve this workflow in future products.

Thank you,

Shakil H.
          ACD Systems

With the Rectangular selection tool, the screen automatically scrolls when the selected area (marching ants) reaches the edge of the visible screen. Ideally a similar function is implemented for the Polygon selection tool.

Comment

Working...
          X