Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a trick to renaming individual images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a trick to renaming individual images?

When a jpeg sits on my Windows 10 desktop and I want to rename it, it opens in ACDSee Pica View (see attached). I cannot see on the pulldown list that's pictured here, where and how to rename the file. How can I rename an individual file in this mode?
    Last edited by Mamiya2Nikon; 09-03-2019, 05:47 PM.

Hi Mamiya2Nikon,

If you click on the down arrow at the bottom of the context menu, the menu will scroll and you will be able to see the Rename option. Also, if you SHIFT + click on an image, the PicaView image will not display, which should let you see the Rename option without scrolling.

If you find that PicaView is taking up too much real estate in the context menu, there are a few ways to reduce its size. Right click on an image in Windows Explorer, and click ACDSee PicaView > Options. You may be able to reduce the size of the image, move it to the PicaView sub-menu, or turn off the EXIF information display or even the image display.

If you want to disable PicaView entirely, you can do so from within ACDSee. Open Tools > Options > ACDSee PicaView, and you will see the same options as before, plus a master "Enable ACDSee PicaView" option.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Great info. Thanks for your help, Tristan!!

Comment

Working...
      X