Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2020

https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/p...udio-ultimate/

Sounds like some great additions to Photo Studio with HDR and focus stacking, but I'm particularly excited for new features in Edit mode such as adding text as layers, resizing canvas, ruler/guidelines, snapping, and layer alignment. Multiple image baskets, PDF support and improved clone tool/LUTs in Develop are also welcome additions. Looking forward to getting my hands on the trial when it's made available later in the month.

I agree, some great additions to ACDSee as a whole: HDR merging, focus stacking, and new stuff to play around with regarding layers.
    i am most excited about their additions to the DAM!
    - now we can embed face recognition data into the files, awesome
    - now we can import/export keyword hierarchies, awesome

I don't know if there is a feature request forum ( i only see one for the MAC version), but if support is reading this email, please forward the following for consideration by the DEV team:
    1. when we have hierarchical keywords defined, something like PEOPLE | family | joe, please add the ability to optionally select ALL higher tiers if i click the leaf level ("joe," in this case). Maybe a toggle option somewhere, or even tie it to a shift + click or ctrl + click on the leaf node.
    2. using the metadata templates, i can copy acdsee keywords into the IPTC keywords, however, it ONLY copies the leaf level node (people|family|joe only populates "joe" into IPTC). Please give us the option to copy ALL nodes selected (not duplicated) from acdsee keywords/categories to ITPC keywords.
    3. add support for synonyms!
    4. add more options to the "copy metadata" list, instead of just the 3 current ones (IPTC, GPS, or acdsee metadatas). Let us define which XMP/IPTC fields we want to copy.
    5. when creating "quick keywords", please please please allow us to drag/drop or copy/paste our existing keyword hierarchical nodes straight into a quick keyword cell. it is very annoying to have to type out the full hierarchy inside the quick keywords panels.
    Last edited by godspeedjas; 09-05-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I totally support the ideas of "godspeedjas" these additions to the DAM module would be great.
      Here are my ideas:
      - enable larger Thumbnails in Manage mode, on 4 k Displays these could be slightly larger and culling would me easier.
      - Enable to update Metadata with the Presets that are there, not simply overwrite/wipe fields that were filled before.
      Today if you apply a Metadata-Preset with just IPTC data it wipes out ACDSee-Metadata. So if you quickly want to change your contact info in IPTC you cannot use the Presets.

Comment

Hi Falk,

Both of these features are actually already in ACDSee 2019:

1. In the lower right corner of the main Manage mode folder viewer, there is a slider that controls the size of thumbnails. At its maximum zoom, I think it should be large enough for your purposes. You can also configure the Preview pane to show the currently-selected image by right clicking it, clicking Preview Options, and checking "Show image". You can also use the View menu to switch the way files are displayed. The Filmstrip option will show the currently-selected image at a large size, about half the size as View mode.

2. Try editing a metadata preset, and add a * character to any fields you don't want to be modified or wiped. The * character in this context means "the data that is already in the field", so the data in such fields should remain untouched.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

How come no free trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan H View Post
            Hi Falk,

Both of these features are actually already in ACDSee 2019:

1. In the lower right corner of the main Manage mode folder viewer, there is a slider that controls the size of thumbnails. At its maximum zoom, I think it should be large enough for your purposes. You can also configure the Preview pane to show the currently-selected image by right clicking it, clicking Preview Options, and checking "Show image". You can also use the View menu to switch the way files are displayed. The Filmstrip option will show the currently-selected image at a large size, about half the size as View mode.

2. Try editing a metadata preset, and add a * character to any fields you don't want to be modified or wiped. The * character in this context means "the data that is already in the field", so the data in such fields should remain untouched.

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Hello,
            to 1.:
            - yes i know that slider that was there since many years, but on an 4k screen they are not really big, see my screen attached. One 4k and one with 1920x1200. On both the Thumbnails could be bigger so i could decide it it is in focus or not. For sure not 100% but better than in this size. I would like to have 4 or 6 Pictures on the screen, so now the max is 20 Pictures on the 4K screen amd i scales down to over 200 on a single screen this is senseless.
            Also the filmstrip from develop mode does disappear if moved to the second screen. No matter if using the integrated Intel graphics or the Nvidia Graphics with latest drivers. But only if i use the "low Res" screen as the one for the File-List or image. But i do not want to develop or edit on the NON 4K screen. I only get an strange emtpy frame with no content.

to 2:
            - Thanks for this solution.

Regards

Falk

Comment

Working...
            X