X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Profudemate
    • Sep 2019

Add TEXT in pictures, to the 2020 version

It is so frustrating that the Text submenu, from the Edit menu, has been moved to the top of the program.
    I have a feeling that the settings are much less, compared to the 2019 version.
    Resizing the text box is a nightmare, being only diagonal. I can't just resize the length or just the width.
    I spoke with the technical support and they said they would not move the Text option in the Add submenu. Her place will definitely stay at the top.
    Can anyone tell me, through pictures, where I can find all the settings from Text, which were in the 2019 version?

I apologize for the faulty English language used
  • S.hussain
    • Sep 2018

Hello,

By default the Text tool locks aspect ratio of the text box. By holding down the shift key you can disable that and change just the length or width of the text box by dragging from the sides. Releasing the shift key will lock aspect ratio again.

The Text tool in Ultimate 2020 is superior to the one in version 2019, you can save files with texts in ACDC format and come back later to re-edit the texts. You can also add layer effects to modify the texts.

Regards,

Shakil H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

• Profudemate
      • Sep 2019

Thank you very much, Shakil! It really works. I'm happy!
      There is a problem though! When I write, the text is always BOLD.
      The text is too pronounced, I tried to edit something and it is visible that the text was added later.
      If I later select the Bold mode, there is absolutely no difference.
      How can I write normally, This is a bug?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Profudemate; 09-27-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Profudemate
        • Sep 2019

Please Shakil, help me again.
        Thanks a lot!
        Last edited by Profudemate; 09-27-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Barry Thorp
          • Sep 2019

In 2019 I could set up templates for entering often used phrases. How can I do this with 2020, I have looked and searched and can't find any way.

Comment

• S.hussain
            • Sep 2018

Hello Barry,

Just like the templates in 2019, you can create actions in 2020 to add text layers for frequently used phrases. Please see the attached screenshot for instructions.

Regards,

Shakil H.
            ACD Systems
            Attached Files

Comment

• S.hussain
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Profudemate View Post
              Thank you very much, Shakil! It really works. I'm happy!
              There is a problem though! When I write, the text is always BOLD.
              The text is too pronounced, I tried to edit something and it is visible that the text was added later.
              If I later select the Bold mode, there is absolutely no difference.
              How can I write normally, This is a bug?
              Hello,

Please try the following:

1) Select the Text tool.
              2) Click inside the Text box.
              3) Press CTRL+A to select all texts within the box.
              4) Set the font style to Regular.
              5) Click on the Bold button to make everything Bold and click on the same button again to make sure everything is properly set back to Regular.

Cheers,

Shakil H.
              ACD Systems

Comment

• Barry Thorp
                • Sep 2019

Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
                Hello Barry,

Just like the templates in 2019, you can create actions in 2020 to add text layers for frequently used phrases. Please see the attached screenshot for instructions.

Regards,

Shakil H.
                ACD Systems

Thanks but that method apparently doesn't work with metadata according to the help files. The help says that when you play it back any metadata included is from the original image file not the new file.

Comment

• njlarsen
                  • Oct 2013

Found this thread which is something I am also struggling with. Is there no way to use a final layer as template for something you can reuse easily? I have not yet tried to record a text action but it seems like a bit slow in use.

Secondly, if you plan on getting back to a text, do not use the rasterize option.

Niels

Comment

• Geoff Soper
                    • Nov 2019

where did the speech and/or thought bubble option in text go to or has it been removed from Ultimate 2020?

Comment

• mikekav53@gmail.com
                      • Aug 2018

Just found this thread on adding TEXT in pictures after upgrading to the 2020 version. Loosing the ability to save (pre-store) text to recall and add to any image is in my opinion a backward setp. The 2019 version had the option to add TEXT as a layer and this worked well, I feel that, for me, a lot of usefull functionality was lost. I will experiment to see if there is an easier option to add repetitive text to different images

Comment

Working...
                      X