Ultimate 2020 Showing icons for Word & Excel files & PDF files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2020 Showing icons for Word & Excel files & PDF files

I've just upgraded from Ultimate 2018 to Home 2020 Pack. I've gone through settings in the 2018 version & set the 2020 version the same. In "Tools/Options/File List/Configure filters" I have "Apply filtering criteria" bullet turned on & only "Show image files" ticked. Icons for image files are displayed OK, but it's also showing icons for Word & Excel files & PDF files. I only want to see the image files. Hope some can help
    Cheers
    Gary
    P.S. If some one from ACDSee reads this... I tried sending a support email via the web page, filled in all the fields and it got rejected because of invalid captcha. There IS NO captcha spot on the page!!!

Hi Gary - I've noticed the same thumbnail display quirk. The ACD Tech Support folks are now aware of this behavior.

Comment

Hi garydingle,

Sorry to learn that you could not submit a support ticket . Please try to clear the browser cache and perhaps use a different browser to submit the support ticket again.

I will also send you an email from our support system to create a support ticket and follow up that document icon preview issue you observed.

Regards
      James
      Customer Care Team

Comment

Hi James. If you can send/create a support ticket for this, that would be good. I used Firefox & also tried clearing cache, but no good. Also tried IE & Edge and both no good. There isn't any captcha info on the web page to enter!
        Thanks Gary

Comment

I can confirm the issue with Captcha, I just tried to submit a support ticket and got the "There was a problem with reCAPTCHA. Please try again." error... Tried clearing cache, still no Captcha

Comment

Hi Jtruchon,

Sorry to learn that you also encountered difficulty to submit support ticket. Have you also tried to use a different browsers to submit the ticket ? In addition if you signed in to a browser, please sign out and then clear cache.

Alternatively, you can send a support ticket to support@acdsystems.com.

Regards
            James
            Customer Care Team

Comment

Is there a way to turn off the display of Microsoft Word documents?

Comment

Hello,

Regarding two items in this forum thread:

1) We reverted back to reCAPTCHA version 2.0 from version 3.0. reCAPTCHA version 3.0 was causing this problem. So, we should no longer see problems submitting support tickets. Sorry the inconvenience this may have caused.

2) In an upcoming ACDSee 2020 update you will be able to turn off displaying MS Office documents. Release date TBD.

Regards,
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X