Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving my photos to OneDrive - what to do about database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving my photos to OneDrive - what to do about database?

I currently have my image files in "Pictures" on my Windows 10 laptop, and I want to move them to OneDrive, where I plan to access them from two different computers. Should I leave the database (Default.dbin file) on each computer's local disk, or should I put it on OneDrive? I'm guessing I should only have one copy of the dbin file, so if, indeed, I do need to move it, what is the best method? I have managed to mess up my database before, so I don't want to make any mistakes. Thanks.

Regarding the photos, make sure you move them from within ACDSEE! Regarding database, I would copy the database and then use the file/database/open command to work on the copy. Test this before you commit to having only that one database online.

Niels

Comment

That worked. I didn't know about that last step, so thanks for that. I have renamed the old database path, and everything is working, so it is all running off its new home on OneDrive. I greatly appreciate the input.
      Last edited by thomlinson; 12-09-2019, 06:20 PM. Reason: Updated to reflect success!

Comment

Originally posted by njlarsen View Post
        Regarding the photos, make sure you move them from within ACDSEE! Regarding database, I would copy the database and then use the file/database/open command to work on the copy. Test this before you commit to having only that one database online.

Niels
        Hiya
        I moved my photos to a different drive, from within ACDSee.
        However one slight problem, now in all those folder I have the Developed and Original folders showing up, whereas in the first drive, those didn't show up. They were obviously marked as hidden, but it appears those properties didn't go with them.

Comment

Working...
        X