Search or filter for picture with no "Date Taken" field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search or filter for picture with no "Date Taken" field

I give... how do I find pictures with a blank "Date Taken" field? Seems like the data-based search features are all before/after/between.

I would love to know how to do this, too!

Jeff

Comment

JeffATX
      SliderJeff

The search pane doesn't allow you to do a simple search for null Date Taken (Exif DateTimeOriginal) entries but you can use this method.

In Manage Mode, in the Catalog Pane, Special Items group, select Image Well. That will display all still images.
      Now from the Group pull down selections, select Group,on Year Taken. Also make sure Table of contents is selected (ticked)
      Now scroll down to the bottom of the Table of contents, and there should be an item "Unknown date"
      Select it.

The display will now contain all of the images that have no Year taken (which will be the case when there is no Exif Date/time/Original).

Note that when selecting image Well, ACDSee may begin to rebuild the thumbnails for the size currently in use, and if so you will see the progress display at the bottom right of the screen.
      Click on that to stop the thumbnail build. It isn't necessary for this particular selection.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Building Thumbs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	61073
      Last edited by Greyfox; 07-06-2022, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X