Ultimate 2020 EXIF problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate 2020 EXIF problem

In terms of CANON RAW (CR2) files, Ultimate 2020 "does not see" EXIF data.
    Moved from Ultimate2019 to 2020. Converted the database.
    2020 does not see EXIF data in some folders * .CR2 / has * .xmp / files. At the same time, 2019 and now it reads them perfectly and shows them, WINDOWS also "sees" this EXIF data. I can’t understand - what’s wrong?

Hi Gifo,

When you say that Ultimate 2020 doesn't see EXIF data, do you mean that in the Properties pane, Metadata tab, the EXIF and Maker Notes fields are blank? I have tried to reproduce this issue with some sample CR2 files, but so far have been unable to. What camera are you using, and what data is contained in the XMP files vs the CR2 files themselves?

Could you please try right-clicking on a small folder where this is an issue, selecting Catalog Files, make sure that the "EXIF and IPTC metadata" option is checked, and clicking Start? See if after cataloging finishes and you refresh the folder, the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

In addition, you can try selecting some files with this issue, closing the Properties pane, and select Tools > Metadata > Rebuild Thumbnails and Metadata. Depending on how many files you select, it may take a few seconds for the thumbnails to be recreated. Then try reopening the Properties pane from Panes > Properties to see if that has resolved the issue.

Thanks,
      Tristan H.
      ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks for the answer! "Tools> Metadata> Rebuild Thumbnails" helped. After rebuilding ACDsee displays the EXIF data on properties panel and correctly sorts the photo by date / for example /
        I checked, the properties of the folder with the photo, "EXIF & IPTC" are turned on. camera - CANON 6D.
        Apparently now I need to rebuild all the folders.
        Thanks again, I'm glad that the new program helps me.

Comment

Working...
        X