Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GusPanella
    replied
    Lloydc, Certainly 1 minute is long. Personally, I am at about 8-10 seconds. So there is something strange happening.

You mention "core speed 4181.23KHz," This is 4.18123MHz... Or, 0.00418123GHz.
    Certainly if your computer is running at 0.004GHz a 1 minute start time is not out of the question
    Maybe you meant something approximately ~4GHz?

You make a good point, Google (or other searching) can find where people are having problems. I myself have had problems occasionally and easily find complaints that confirm bias. I have also used search to help fix the issue without ever posting a request for help. Heck, I have even taken the time to understand issues and post work around in the hope that others may find a quick solution.

It is tough to search for "problem solutions" as it takes a different mindset. For you, it may be better to allow Ben H (who is with ACD Tech Support) walk you through troubleshooting steps to identify the source of the problem and propose solutions.

My take away from Edvards post is users (like you and myself) can and do use large data sets within the tool. This helps remove concern about database. No more. No less.

About search for problem solutions
    It is possible to use the same search tools to find insight into operation (i.e. populating the database for the first time can take a while, database maintenance is important to efficient operation, etc.). You may also stumble across how different processes (such as facial recognition) can take resources until they have caught up. All of which can impact startup time of the general performance of the application. You may also find checking for new updates (that happens at startup) can take a bit of time (depending on configuration) along with the ways to avoid that step.

Indeed, with searching you may find many items contributed by Edvard and many others on this forum that may help you balance resources and/or identify bottlenecks and/or suggest workarounds that help a specific system run smoothly and quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Ben_H
    replied
    Originally posted by Lloydc View Post
    it is close to a minute before the application will respond to any inputs,
    Hi Lloydc, did you mean the launch time of ACDSee was slow? Or did you mean it took 1 minute to mode switch within ACDSee? Or did you mean dragging a slider in Develop or Edit mode, the preview was not responsive?

A technical support representative will contact you shortly to further investigate this issue. Thank you.

Ben H.
    ACD Systems.

Leave a comment:

• Edvard
    replied
    I have no problem using the AC program. Every week I do database work and have 150k pictures. Assus pro 8, i5 and 8G RAM.

Leave a comment:

• Lloydc
    replied
    Ok, as ACD tech support seem to be in denial, I will humour them for the time being, but agree with MBangert.

As previously stated, I have done a clean install, stats as follow.
    • Intel Core i7 5930K, core speed 4181.23KHz, GTX970 GPU, 32Gb DDR4 memory
    • I use a variety of cameras, Canon 77D, Canon G15 and my OPPO Mobile.
    • 14 files in my database. As I previously stated, I store my images on a NAS and I have yet to point ACD to it.
    • Same number of files
    • No keywords, accept for what is default. I have made no user changes or settings yet.
    You have made what was once a great application and thrown it away. Wil be looking at Zoner Photo Studio X as suggested.

So will not be extending my subscription, hope you understand.

Leave a comment:

• MBangert
    replied
    Please refer to the "AC 2020 dead slow" Topic. Emil has made a Deep Analysis of the Problem.

I've been in a close email contact for more than one year with James from the Support because of my crashes depending on the size of the database and the speed Problem.

The Speed Problem is not a new effect from one user. It is a General Problem !
    Last edited by MBangert; 01-06-2020, 10:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S.hussain
    replied
    Originally posted by Lloydc View Post
    So far, upgrading to Ultimate 2019 and the recent 2020 has been very disappointing. Even right from the clean install and making no personal settings as to where images are, it is close to a minute before the application will respond to any inputs, it is simply not suitable for a quick one of image rework. Looks like I will go back to 2018 version as this was very snappy on the same computer and operating system. Even Adobe Photoshop is very snappy in comparison. What changed after the 2018 version?
    Hello Lloydc,

I am sorry that you are facing this issue, but that is unusually slow. If you can kindly provide us the following information about your setup that would be really helpful:
    • The CPU, GPU, and the Ram capacity
    • Camera make and model
    • Number of files in your database
    • Largest number of files in any folders
    • Number of keywords
    Also, try resetting the layout to see if that improves the performance. You can do so in Manage mode by selecting View > Reset Layout from the very top toolbar.

Thanks,

Shakil H.
    ACD Systems

Leave a comment:

• MBangert
    replied
    Yes, the program is slowing down from version to version.

Since I also have other problems with ACDSee, I am considering switching to the "Zoner Photo Studio X" program. Opening an image for editing takes less than 2 seconds in Zoner compared to 15 seconds with Ultimate 2018 and 24 seconds with Ultimate 2019. (Same Picture on the same Laptop).

Leave a comment:

• Lloydc
    started a topic Why so slow

Why so slow

So far, upgrading to Ultimate 2019 and the recent 2020 has been very disappointing. Even right from the clean install and making no personal settings as to where images are, it is close to a minute before the application will respond to any inputs, it is simply not suitable for a quick one of image rework. Looks like I will go back to 2018 version as this was very snappy on the same computer and operating system. Even Adobe Photoshop is very snappy in comparison. What changed after the 2018 version?
Working...
X