Hiding .jpg files with Raw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding .jpg files with Raw

I am using ACDSee Ultimate 2020 build 2023. I take raw+jpg in my Canon m50. When I place all of my files in a folder I see both the raw and the jpg files in Manage mode. Is there any way to hide the redundant jpg files, other than moving them to a subfolder?

A while ago I've been suggesting a feature that allows me to treat RAW and JPG pictures as one object, e.g. for assigning keywords and alike and I still would like to get it as this would make my workflow significantly simpler.
    I think it would also add value later when searching for pictures and working with them.
    Here's how I would envision how it should work:
    • when uploading new photos ACDSee would automatically group pictures with the same Name and DateTaken but with different formats (JPG + RAW).
    • I can categorize such grouped pictures, add keywords, set geo-location, add rating, etc.
    • when editing or developing photos I can choose the source picture in the group and I can add the result as a new variant to the group
    • where needed, e.g. to indicate which one is the final one or the to-be-published one I can also add keywords or categories to individual variants in the group
    • I can choose which of the picture in a group is the primary one, i.e. the one shown in manage mode
    this goes beyond what you are looking for but should also cover your needs. Today this is unfortunately not available.

Comment

Originally posted by fonebone View Post
      A while ago I've been suggesting a feature that allows me to treat RAW and JPG pictures as one object, e.g. for assigning keywords and alike and I still would like to get it as this would make my workflow significantly simpler.
      As long as you always tag your JPGs or! RAWs you could use a exiftool script to map the tags.

I use a set of scripts to copy certain iptc tags from the top most selected item into all other selected items.

Comment

Thank you. What I have done is to write a small c#C program (that's what I do in real life) and it copies the raws over into the file structure that I like and the jpgs in a subfolder. Oh well, it works.

Comment

I'm not sure if this answers the original question but I frequently find that I have RAW, TIFF, ACDC and sometimes JPG all in the same directory, often multiple copies of the same image in different formats as I progress through different stages of processing. In Manage mode I find that grouping by file type (found immediately under the Quick Search bar) is very effective at allowing me to hide file types that I'm not currently working on without me having to create multiple sub-directories.

Comment

Thanks prsettle, I never sort that way but I may start. Simple, but it works.

Comment

Working...
            X