Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

delays

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • delays

    Dear friends hello,
    I need your help.
    i have an issue with acdsee 10 ultimate.
    I run it on pc with i7, 16mb ram ddr3 or 4 (i can't remember) and graphics card with 8 mb memory.
    When I start the program,
    a. from quick view to view the first photo takes about half a minute or more.
    b. in view mode, i can't see the corrections I have made, but I have to open first a photo in develop mod and then go to view or manager to see all the corrections normally.
    c. When the program starts, the Task Maker shows that program with aprox.167,000 K. After every corection that i make, it starts and grows, reaching 1.5 M K and more and the delay is too much. This is no new, but now I've see how much memory it holds. if I close the program and open it again it drops to 167000 and again it starts to rise.
    d. When I work on develop mode and make corrections, especially noise reduction, while in the details mode I normally see it, in the view but also in manage mode, i don't see thw corrections. Even when i export it in jpg, the noise is there.
    Can you help me in what I am doing wrong?
    of course windows and acdsee are legal.
    Thank you very much

  • #2
    attachments examples
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Paul,

      Sorry to learn that your Ultimate 10 runs into this performance issue. I have created a support ticket to follow up and troubleshoot the problem.


      Regards
      James

      ACDSee Customer Care Team

      Comment


      • #4
        Still not fixed and no further feedback, or?

        Exactly the same :-(

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by webaschtl View Post
          Still not fixed and no further feedback, or?

          Exactly the same :-(
          Who are you asking?

          This thread is over 12 months old. If you have a problem, best start a new thread, provide details of what version you have, what hardware it is on, and exactly what the problem is. That way stand a better chance of getting advice tailored to your specific issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            »exactly what the problem?« – exactly the same. Otherwise I would not have used an already existing thread.

            Bye.

            Comment


            • #7
              You state 8 MB of memory for the CPU and 8 Mb memory for the GPU. The units for the CPU is probably GB, but tell us more about the GPU and its memory.
              You also refer to Task Maker, do you mean Windows Task Manager?

              I was evaluating noise reduction programs at work on my company laptop/docking station and had issues because it also appeared that the programs had no effect on noise. Even the original that I was performing the noise reduction on had more noise presented on the laptop. The video performance of the laptop was the culprit since the other parameters were pretty good compared to my home desktop. I was using the Win10 Photos viewer. I cannot say for sure what was the video culprit, but it was most probably a combo of the video processor and the meager amount of memory.

              For my home desktop I have a GPU built into my CPU, an AMD Kaveri system and also a separate card NVIDIA GTX GEForce 1050 Ti. Each system has 1 GB of video memory and they each work well.

              You may ask "Tom, why do you have 2 video processors?". Well, I had speed issues when I first loaded up a previous version of ACDSee. I thought it may be my on-board GPU so bought the separate NVIDIA card, but no change. After reading more on this forum I tried disabling the Facial Recognition feature and that solved the speed problem.
              Last edited by TomV; 09-12-2021, 01:59 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a similar system spec, running on SSD and it does take a long time to launch either Develop or Edit modes indeed, I can almost get up and go get a cup of coffee in the time it takes (a bit of an exaggeration, but 20sec nonetheless is a long time)! I don't know what kind of system one needs to see the performance we seeing ACDSees demos, but an i7 3.6GHz DELL XPS 8700 with 16GB RAM running on SSD should be much faster. 2 sec is what I'd expect. It's a wee bit old as computers go, but nonetheless no slouch either.
                Last edited by Regor250; 09-13-2021, 05:32 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Regor250 View Post
                  I have a similar system spec, running on SSD and it does take a long time to launch either Develop or Edit modes indeed, I can almost get up and go get a cup of coffee in the time it takes (a bit of an exaggeration, but 20sec nonetheless is a long time)! I don't know what kind of system one needs to see the performance we seeing ACDSees demos, but an i7 3.6GHz DELL XPS 8700 with 16GB RAM running on SSD should be much faster. 2 sec is what I'd expect. It's a wee bit old as computers go, but nonetheless no slouch either.
                  I am seeing about 24 sec from Desktop icon to Manage mode. I have on the order of 65,000 items in the DB.
                  I am seeing about 24 sec from Manage to Edit for the first photo, and then about 16 sec for subsequent photos.
                  I am seeing about 40 sec from Manage to Develop for the first photo, and then about 16 sec for subsequent photos.

                  My system is about 5 years old, but I do not see the newer systems performing that much faster.I also have tons of excess memory. The only thing that may be a bottleneck for me is that I have my photos hosted on a SATA hard drive RAID system. However, I moved some photos on the SSD (C and I did not measure a change.
                  Last edited by TomV; 09-14-2021, 06:18 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I managed to shave off a few sec by setting the GPU as the default graphic mode for Ultimate in Win10 and moving the database onto the SSD drive where the app resides. First load of Develop from Manage mode down to 13sec from 20sec, that's significant, and to 7sec thereafter the first load. Still a far cry from the 2sec I'd like to see though. I have over 100,000 images in the database, so any search takes a while). The photos (16Mpix resolution) reside on SATA hard drive, but that's not significant. My system is about same vintage Dell XPS-8700 i7 QuadCore 3.6MHz 5th gen, 16Gb RAM. The SSD main drive is a year old. Not sure how much of a speed boost I'd get with a new Motherboard and 11th gen i7. The GPU has 4Gb RAM not particularly high end (AMD Radeon 520), but for a simple load without processing more than enough I would think. I doubt a faster GPU would make that much of a difference on loading but perhaps it would. For denoise or fancy sharpening it's a different matter, but loading a simple 16Mpix file not particularly demanding. For sure ACDSee online video demos have pre-loaded all the modules, but I wish I knew what I need to do to see the same kind of performance.
                    Last edited by Regor250; 09-14-2021, 08:34 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TomV View Post
                      ...My system is about 5 years old, but I do not see the newer systems performing that much faster.
                      Until September 2020 I was running ACDSee Ultimate 2020 on a PC with Intel i7-2600 Sandy Bridge processor (so probably about 9 years old at the time) with 16GB RAM. The system drive had been replaced with a SATA connected Toshiba SSD system drive, and the data drive was a Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. The Graphics card also been updated to a GTX 1050ti with from memory 2GB RAM. The OS had bee updated to Windows 10 Pro.

                      I don't have any specific timing examples from that PC. I though performance at the time was acceptable, with the notable exception of Tools->Database->Database Maintenance, which was horrendously slow (when it didn't crash).

                      Sometime in September 2020 I moved to a new desktop PC and to ACDSee Ultimate 2021. I was expecting to see some improvement, but not the massive difference that eventuated.

                      Current timing.
                      Desktop icon to Manage mode. 2.6 seconds
                      Manage to Develop with ex camera Sony 16.0 Megapixel RAW image 4912 x 3264 px (91.7MB uncompressed): 1.37 sec.
                      Manage to Develop with ex camera Nikon 24.3 Megapixel RAW image 6048 x 4024 px (139.3MB uncompressed): 1.62 sec.

                      Manage to Edit with ex camera Sony 16.0 Megapixel RAW image 4912 x 3264 px (91.7MB uncompressed): 2.01 sec.
                      Manage to Edit with ex camera Nikon 24.3 Megapixel RAW image 6048 x 4024 px (139.3MB uncompressed): 2.3 sec.

                      The current desktop PC specs:-
                      Intel Gen 10 i7-10700 on H470 chipset board (Gigabyte), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte GTX-1660 OC 6GB graphics card
                      Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1165
                      System drive: On board 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
                      Data drive: On board 2 TB M.2 NvMe SSD

                      Images and ACDSee Database are on the above data drive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice system spec you've got there and good to know what is needed to reach my 2sec performance goal.... about $2500 budget

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Regor250 View Post
                          Nice system spec you've got there and good to know what is needed to reach my 2sec performance goal.... about $2500 budget
                          You're very close. Actual purchase price was $AUD 2530 back in September 2020.
                          Previous PC was $AUD 1920 back in July 2011.

                          If I get 9 years out of the new one, as I did from its predecessor, then it works out to be about 80 cents a day. Makes it sound much more affordable that way !!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe I should put my name in for the old "The Price is Right" TV show ;-)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Greyfox View Post

                              Until September 2020 I was running ACDSee Ultimate 2020 on a PC with Intel i7-2600 Sandy Bridge processor (so probably about 9 years old at the time) with 16GB RAM. The system drive had been replaced with a SATA connected Toshiba SSD system drive, and the data drive was a Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. The Graphics card also been updated to a GTX 1050ti with from memory 2GB RAM. The OS had bee updated to Windows 10 Pro.

                              I don't have any specific timing examples from that PC. I though performance at the time was acceptable, with the notable exception of Tools->Database->Database Maintenance, which was horrendously slow (when it didn't crash).

                              Sometime in September 2020 I moved to a new desktop PC and to ACDSee Ultimate 2021. I was expecting to see some improvement, but not the massive difference that eventuated.

                              Current timing.
                              Desktop icon to Manage mode. 2.6 seconds
                              Manage to Develop with ex camera Sony 16.0 Megapixel RAW image 4912 x 3264 px (91.7MB uncompressed): 1.37 sec.
                              Manage to Develop with ex camera Nikon 24.3 Megapixel RAW image 6048 x 4024 px (139.3MB uncompressed): 1.62 sec.

                              Manage to Edit with ex camera Sony 16.0 Megapixel RAW image 4912 x 3264 px (91.7MB uncompressed): 2.01 sec.
                              Manage to Edit with ex camera Nikon 24.3 Megapixel RAW image 6048 x 4024 px (139.3MB uncompressed): 2.3 sec.

                              The current desktop PC specs:-
                              Intel Gen 10 i7-10700 on H470 chipset board (Gigabyte), 32GB DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte GTX-1660 OC 6GB graphics card
                              Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1165
                              System drive: On board 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
                              Data drive: On board 2 TB M.2 NvMe SSD

                              Images and ACDSee Database are on the above data drive.
                              Oops. I do see how much faster your CPU is compared to mine. Time to ramp up to a new system build. Thanks for the info! You CPU tests out nearly 5 times faster per PassMark.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X