Feature Request: Geocoding Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Geocoding Improvements

I am heavily using (reverse) geocoding. ACDsee goes into the right direction but makes the process very inefficient. Here are some suggestions:
    • Select multiple pictures/directories and allow automatic reverse geocoding for all images that have GPS coordinates. As it is I have to select every single image and do several clicks to do reverse geocoding. If I know a few images will result in the same address I can do this for all those images but it is still a VERY LABORIOUS task taking tens or actually hundreds of hours for the images I need to do this. If automated it could take minutes and this could be included as part of the import workflow.
    • On the map there are "Save All" and "Reverse Geocode" buttons. One has to actually reach to the mouse and click on those buttons to activate them. There are no keyboard shortcuts to activate them.
    • ACDsee lacks the option to geocode images, i.e. add GPS coordinates of addresses that were manually added to the metadata of images. I understand that no precise GPS location will be possible with this approach but at least give us that option.
    • I often accidentally move a 'balloon' on the map. There doesn't seem to be a way to reverse such accidents. Instead I have to discard all edits.
    • When I select an image it shows up as a yellow balloon on the map. However, as soon as I zoom in that yellow balloon disappears and instead I am shown a bunch of red balloons with different locations. I have no idea in which red balloon the picture is located, i.e. to which balloon I need to zoom in unless I click on the image again. This is rather inefficient.
    It's good to see ACDsee had reverse geocoding but it is very inefficient and it also completely missed geocoding (converting addresses to GPS coordinates)

Please like the post if this is something you would like as well.
    Last edited by mala; 03-07-2020, 07:56 AM.
Working...
X